UNABLE TO BOOT

July 22, 2005 4:04:44 AM

While I am on the forum my friend has pa problem with his PC.

After switching on and booting-up (black screeen with white text) the PC
fails to get past the 'SEARCHING FOR BOOT RECORD' (before the coloured XP
splash screen appears) part of the operation.

There is also a continual 'beep' coming from the PC cabinet.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

More about : unable boot

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 4:04:45 AM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:04:44 +0100, David wrote:

> While I am on the forum my friend has pa problem with his PC.
>
> After switching on and booting-up (black screeen with white text) the PC
> fails to get past the 'SEARCHING FOR BOOT RECORD' (before the coloured XP
> splash screen appears) part of the operation.
>
> There is also a continual 'beep' coming from the PC cabinet.
>
> Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Don't try to boot the computer again until you find out what the beep code
is for this system's board. It may be signalling that the cpu is in danger
of being burnt to a crisp or that some hardware (hard drive?) has failed.

There's no single universal code other than if it's beeping, pay attention.
The beep patterns and their meaning vary from system to system. If you
search on google for "beep codes," you'll find there are lists posted
around the internet for different BIOS and BIOS versions.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Check the memory.

"David " <david.woolford@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> While I am on the forum my friend has pa problem with his PC.
>
> After switching on and booting-up (black screeen with white text) the PC
> fails to get past the 'SEARCHING FOR BOOT RECORD' (before the coloured XP
> splash screen appears) part of the operation.
>
> There is also a continual 'beep' coming from the PC cabinet.
>
> Any ideas how to solve the problem?

July 22, 2005 11:38:32 PM

"" wrote:
> Check the memory.
>

> "David " <david.woolford@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > While I am on the forum my friend has pa problem with his
> PC.
> >
> > After switching on and booting-up (black screeen with white
> text) the PC
> > fails to get past the 'SEARCHING FOR BOOT RECORD' (before
> the coloured XP
> > splash screen appears) part of the operation.
> >
> > There is also a continual 'beep' coming from the PC cabinet.
> >
> > Any ideas how to solve the problem?

ID say it’s most likly that the hard drive has ither become
disconected or has died, beeping noises usualy refer to missing hard
drives missing ram, missing CPU or missing graphics card, but Sharon F
is right, it could mean your CPU is over heating.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-UNABLE-BOOT-ftopi...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318252
!