My Freind's computer stopped booting from the HD
We tried to reinstall windowsXP from the rescue disc
and it got to where you reboot the computer and it again could not
boot from HD
He Has 2 HD so we formatted the second drive changed them over and
tried reinstalling again but had the same results
Anyone any idea's as I'm stumped

Checked the RAM lately.

--
Peter

"cabby2005" <d.c.ransom@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:6id0e1deha1a6383pc1sagbtdv1199lkbt@4ax.com...
> My Freind's computer stopped booting from the HD
> We tried to reinstall windowsXP from the rescue disc
> and it got to where you reboot the computer and it again could not
> boot from HD
> He Has 2 HD so we formatted the second drive changed them over and
> tried reinstalling again but had the same results
> Anyone any idea's as I'm stumped

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:42:11 -0400, "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Checked the RAM lately.

> My Freind's computer stopped booting from the HD
> We tried to reinstall windowsXP from the rescue disc
> and it got to where you reboot the computer and it again could not
> boot from HD
> He Has 2 HD so we formatted the second drive changed them over and
> tried reinstalling again but had the same results
> Anyone any idea's as I'm stumped

Just checked Ram using Windows Memory Diagnostics advanced check and
it passed all 11 checks