Abit AN7 not booting...strange post code

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey all,

I just received a new Abit AN7 board to replace an troubled Aopen mb.
I'm having issues getting it to boot. Upon power-up it makes a
constant two-tone warning sound and seems to pause on post code 9A
until hitting 99 and shutting itself off.

Anyone have any ideas?

9A is related to shadow option roms. I've tried removing everything
but the CPU and memory and I still get the same codes.

Thanks

ive had that noise when the cpu was over heating, just check your hsf

doughy

"Brad" <brad@ieee.org> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I just received a new Abit AN7 board to replace an troubled Aopen mb.
> I'm having issues getting it to boot. Upon power-up it makes a
> constant two-tone warning sound and seems to pause on post code 9A
> until hitting 99 and shutting itself off.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> 9A is related to shadow option roms. I've tried removing everything
> but the CPU and memory and I still get the same codes.
>
> Thanks

---

Try resetting the CMOS with the jumper.

Could be a problem with the RAM or video cards not being correctly seated.
Remove and reinstall. With the RAM, you may wish to try 1 stick at a time.

If it has a 4 pin +12 V socket on the board, be sure to plug it into the
PSU?

Pete