error mesage after OCing

after OCing my 2400xp+ to 15.0 x 152 fsb i booted into windows and ran
seti@home to get it to full temp, monitoring in asus probe the temp went up
to 45C and then i got a blue screen saying " windows has encounted a problem
and is shuting down to protect your system" underneath this was
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", i rebooted and changed vcore up from 1.675 to 1.7
and got a similar message except this time it had
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" when i go back to 15.0 x 150 fsb everything
seems fine. dose this mean that i have OCed too much?

also when in bios in hardware monitor cpu temp reads at between 52C and 54C
even though just moments before asus probe read 45C. is asus probe showing
incorect temp readings?

Tony Power wrote:
> after OCing my 2400xp+ to 15.0 x 152 fsb i booted into windows and ran
> seti@home to get it to full temp, monitoring in asus probe the temp
> went up to 45C and then i got a blue screen saying " windows has
> encounted a problem and is shuting down to protect your system"
> underneath this was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", i rebooted and changed
> vcore up from 1.675 to 1.7 and got a similar message except this time
> it had "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" when i go back to 15.0 x 150
> fsb everything seems fine. dose this mean that i have OCed too much?

Which board are you using? If you've got a board that doesn't lock the
PCI/AGP busses then it's probably just a card in your system not liking the
elevated speeds. If you can, try upping the multiplier a notch and seeing
where it tops out FSB-wise there.

BTW, for finding maximum temp, BurnK7 does a better job than Seti, and
Prime95 does a better job for stability testing. If it's not 24-hour Prime95
stable, it's not stable :)

[...]

--
Michael Brown