Chipset Drivers

WB

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

How can I check a windows XP system to make sure the chipset drivers have
been installed

There is "really" no sure way of knowing if the drivers are/were installed.

On Intel chipset drivers, they "may" be listed in "Add/Remove Programs". If
you also have Intel Application Accelerator installed, then you should have
the chipset drivers install (required be I.A.A is allowed to install.)

On VIA chipset, there is supposed to be a Registry entry which lists out the
installed version of the drivers. For more details, see www.viaarena.com.

As of nVidia, I can not state anything, since I never have used any nVidia
motherboard chipset.

As of most chipset drivers, you can/should always install the "latest"
released version for your chipset level. It seems that you can always
over-write the installed ones without much difficulties.

"WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message
> How can I check a windows XP system to make sure the chipset drivers have
> been installed

For starters, open Device Manager and ensure there is no yellow question
marks and generic drivers (quite obsolete in XP). If there is an AGP card
running in PCI mode, then chipset drivers weren't installed or installed
partially only.

"WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote:

>How can I check a windows XP system to make sure the chipset drivers have
>been installed

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and see what they list
for driver downloads for your specific motherboard model number.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP