HELP!!! can i upgrade 0.13u duron with old jetway 866as(kt..

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
June 7, 2004 1:49:29 AM

the offical website said this mobo dont support 0.13u

will the new duron boot up?

if cant, can i set the volter manually to 1.65v?
the 0.13u duron use 1.5v

thx for your help!
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
June 7, 2004 3:47:17 AM

AnIcEgUy wrote:
> the offical website said this mobo dont support 0.13u
>
> will the new duron boot up?
>
> if cant, can i set the volter manually to 1.65v?
> the 0.13u duron use 1.5v
>
> thx for your help!

If it has the KT166 then I see no reason why not. My first concern was
voltage, so as long as you have the options in your BIOS (and they work :-p)
I would think it should work.

Ben
a b K Overclocking
June 7, 2004 7:54:55 AM

thx ben,

but first all, will the new cpu boot up?
if it cant, how to enter the bios setting?

waiting for your reply

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> AnIcEgUy wrote:
> > the offical website said this mobo dont support 0.13u
> >
> > will the new duron boot up?
> >
> > if cant, can i set the volter manually to 1.65v?
> > the 0.13u duron use 1.5v
> >
> > thx for your help!
>
> If it has the KT166 then I see no reason why not. My first concern was
> voltage, so as long as you have the options in your BIOS (and they work
:-p)
> I would think it should work.
>
> Ben

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
June 8, 2004 12:36:43 AM

AnIcEgUy wrote:
> thx ben,
>
> but first all, will the new cpu boot up?

Yep. Default multiplier should be set. The defaullt voltages and FSB are
also described by the bridges on the chip, so it should work.

> if it cant, how to enter the bios setting?

Using the old chip? :-p

I dunno what you'd be able to do as refitting a cpu often resets the
settings, however, usually to a safe default (low FSB, default multiplier,
default voltage)

Ben
a b K Overclocking
June 8, 2004 12:36:44 AM

thx again ben,

actually, this mobo support voltage 1.625v to 1.8v.
but the 0.13u duron use 1.5v.

thats why i asked if it can boot up or not.

wait for your kind reply.

> AnIcEgUy wrote:
> > thx ben,
> >
> > but first all, will the new cpu boot up?
>
> Yep. Default multiplier should be set. The defaullt voltages and FSB are
> also described by the bridges on the chip, so it should work.
>
> > if it cant, how to enter the bios setting?
>
> Using the old chip? :-p
>
> I dunno what you'd be able to do as refitting a cpu often resets the
> settings, however, usually to a safe default (low FSB, default multiplier,
> default voltage)
>
> Ben

a b K Overclocking
June 8, 2004 1:02:56 AM

AnIcEgUy wrote:
> thx again ben,
>
> actually, this mobo support voltage 1.625v to 1.8v.
> but the 0.13u duron use 1.5v.
>
> thats why i asked if it can boot up or not.
>
> wait for your kind reply.

Oh, my bad... I thought you were going from a Duron to something else.

I would be a tad worried about heat. It would boot. It might get too hot.

Would probably be safer to just get an XP 2000 for another tenner.

Ben
a b K Overclocking
June 8, 2004 1:02:57 AM

thx so much ben,

i will buy a duron 1.6g tomorrow.
i know athlon is better, but a little experience for me.
:(

have a nice day.