DFI NF2 UI Anyone Know What the MBM Voltages Are?

In MBM with the NF2 UI Defaults

Core 1 is the AGP voltage -- 90% sure about that one.

What is the -5 V reading? I hope that is not the Vdd, because mine is
reading 0.4 V.

In 8RDAVCore the Syst reads 127 C, I hope that one is not correct, but
anyone know what that sensor would be? I would be comforted to know that my
two boards are not the only ones with this high temperature reading.

I also see a lot of fluctuation on the Vcore undervolting quite a bit, which
can't be good. At a 1.825 V set point, the Vcore will drop to 1.74 V.

I have an Antec 550 W PSU with the ATX power and 4 prong +12 V connectors
plugged to the board. There isn't another power connection between the
board and the PSU that I missed?

Cheers,

Pete

"Peter Harrington" <pharring@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> In MBM with the NF2 UI Defaults
>
> Core 1 is the AGP voltage -- 90% sure about that one.
>
> What is the -5 V reading? I hope that is not the Vdd, because mine is
> reading 0.4 V.
>
> In 8RDAVCore the Syst reads 127 C, I hope that one is not correct, but
> anyone know what that sensor would be? I would be comforted to know that
my
> two boards are not the only ones with this high temperature reading.
>
> I also see a lot of fluctuation on the Vcore undervolting quite a bit,
which
> can't be good. At a 1.825 V set point, the Vcore will drop to 1.74 V.
>
> I have an Antec 550 W PSU with the ATX power and 4 prong +12 V connectors
> plugged to the board. There isn't another power connection between the
> board and the PSU that I missed?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

If your system requires -5
and is getting .4
then it wouldnt work

the MBM site has a forum that SHOULD help you fix your reading problems,
should probably search there first.

Checked the MBM site out, which is informative for temperature sensors but
not very helpful in identifying the voltage sensors. Obviously some other
voltage is being measured other than the -5 V rail. I just would like to
know to what it corresponds.

I have 2 DFI boards. On the -5 V sensor one reads 1.4 -1.5 V on the other
system it reads 0.4 V, so I am curious if anyone knows what is being read at
WF83627 HF Standard 1.

Not much info at DFI either, which is why I asked?

Pete

"rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Peter Harrington" <pharring@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> > In MBM with the NF2 UI Defaults
> >
> > Core 1 is the AGP voltage -- 90% sure about that one.
> >
> > What is the -5 V reading? I hope that is not the Vdd, because mine is
> > reading 0.4 V.
> >
> > In 8RDAVCore the Syst reads 127 C, I hope that one is not correct, but
> > anyone know what that sensor would be? I would be comforted to know
that
> my
> > two boards are not the only ones with this high temperature reading.
> >
> > I also see a lot of fluctuation on the Vcore undervolting quite a bit,
> which
> > can't be good. At a 1.825 V set point, the Vcore will drop to 1.74 V.
> >
> > I have an Antec 550 W PSU with the ATX power and 4 prong +12 V
connectors
> > plugged to the board. There isn't another power connection between the
> > board and the PSU that I missed?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Pete
> >

> If your system requires -5
> and is getting .4
> then it wouldnt work
>
> the MBM site has a forum that SHOULD help you fix your reading problems,
> should probably search there first.

Thus spake Peter Harrington:

>I have 2 DFI boards. On the -5 V sensor one reads 1.4 -1.5 V on the other
>system it reads 0.4 V, so I am curious if anyone knows what is being read at
>WF83627 HF Standard 1.

If you look in MBM's voltage.ini, you'll find the formulas that are
used to convert sensor reading to display voltages.

Working backwards, 0.4V on the -5V looks to actually be 2.6V (Vmem?).
Try changing your memory voltage and see if it changes.

1.4 on -5 gives weird results.Same board/sensor?

--
sls