(Wireless) Microsoft Optical Desktop - Mouse and Keyboard

Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
in.

Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
Documents" to a folder name?

Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.

So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.

Anything get this stuff to work properly?

TIA.

Gary D

PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?

Cheers!

"Gary J. Dikkema" <gary_d_no_spam_@cdir.ca> wrote in message
> Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
> in.
>
> Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
> Documents" to a folder name?
>
> Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.
>
> So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.
>
> Anything get this stuff to work properly?
>
> TIA.
>
> Gary D
>
> PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
> batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?
>
> Cheers!

Best advice I can offer is take it back and get a Logitech. Logitech
desktops/keyboards/mice are of higher quality and have better drivers and
software than does Microsoft.

Bobby

If you are running v5.2 of the software, just go to Key Settings > Double
Click My Documents > Choose Custom: Start program, web page, file > Next >
Type in the path of the folder (ie D:\Documents) > Finish.

Works for me. Where are you running into a problem exactly?

"Gary J. Dikkema" <gary_d_no_spam_@cdir.ca> wrote in message
> Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
> in.
>
> Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
> Documents" to a folder name?
>
> Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.
>
> So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.
>
> Anything get this stuff to work properly?
>
> TIA.
>
> Gary D
>
> PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
> batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?
>
> Cheers!

Think I found the problem... switched out the batteries on the keyboard and
then switched them back in... and now it all 'just works'.

Strange!

Thanks!

Gary D