(Wireless) Microsoft Optical Desktop - Mouse and Keyboard

Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
in.

Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
Documents" to a folder name?

Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.

So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.

Anything get this stuff to work properly?

TIA.

Gary D

PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?

Cheers!
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless microsoft optical desktop mouse keyboard

    "Gary J. Dikkema" <gary_d_no_spam_@cdir.ca> wrote in message
    > Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
    > in.
    >
    > Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
    > Documents" to a folder name?
    >
    > Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.
    >
    > So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.
    >
    > Anything get this stuff to work properly?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Gary D
    >
    > PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
    > batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?
    >
    > Cheers!

    Best advice I can offer is take it back and get a Logitech. Logitech
    desktops/keyboards/mice are of higher quality and have better drivers and
    software than does Microsoft.

    Bobby

    If you are running v5.2 of the software, just go to Key Settings > Double
    Click My Documents > Choose Custom: Start program, web page, file > Next >
    Type in the path of the folder (ie D:\Documents) > Finish.

    Works for me. Where are you running into a problem exactly?

    "Gary J. Dikkema" <gary_d_no_spam_@cdir.ca> wrote in message
    > Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
    > in.
    >
    > Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
    > Documents" to a folder name?
    >
    > Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.
    >
    > So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.
    >
    > Anything get this stuff to work properly?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Gary D
    >
    > PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
    > batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?
    >
    > Cheers!

    Think I found the problem... switched out the batteries on the keyboard and
    then switched them back in... and now it all 'just works'.

    Strange!

    Thanks!

    Gary D

    "M" <pctech_mgNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > If you are running v5.2 of the software, just go to Key Settings > Double
    > Click My Documents > Choose Custom: Start program, web page, file > Next >
    > Type in the path of the folder (ie D:\Documents) > Finish.
    >
    > Works for me. Where are you running into a problem exactly?
    >
    > "Gary J. Dikkema" <gary_d_no_spam_@cdir.ca> wrote in message
    >> Client set it up and had trouble configuring the keys... so I was called
    >> in.
    >>
    >> Double checked everything... why is there no ability to point say "My
    >> Documents" to a folder name?
    >>
    >> Anyways, uninstalled the software, re-installed it with the same results.
    >>
    >> So I installed it on my system today - with the same dismal results.
    >>
    >> Anything get this stuff to work properly?
    >>
    >> TIA.
    >>
    >> Gary D
    >>
    >> PS, it's been installed on two different one year old laptops... the
    >> batteries are fine and it came wit the latest software. So what gives?
    >>
    >> Cheers!

Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP