can't copy to cd

I, like many, am now unable to copy files to blank cd's. I have reviewed the
steps for other querries, with no success. The documents/pictures will be in
the files ready to copy page...but when I hit the copy to disc..nothing
happens. I have windows xp home with (now) sp2. It's bogus that such a
large number can experience the same problem...I've lost some faith in MS.
--
AWGu3

<LOL>, not at your problem but a lot of us are just
starting to have some faith in Microsoft, at least
those who remember using versions prior to Windows
3.0, 3.1 and WFWG.

I'm not sure what the other posted
problems have been regarding recording on blank CDs.
If there is a message somewhere telling you to insert a
blank disk (even though you did), try a different brand.
Make sure it's a data rated disk and matches the CD
burners recommendation ie: CD+R or CD-R. Also, if
you're using color disks, try plain old silver ones. My
daughter brought home a stack of blue, pink, black, yellow
etc blank music disks. I could write data to maybe 1 out of 5.

Obviously this is just basic stuff but it can trip you up.

Mark H

PS: This could be just me but those little programs that sit in
the tray and allow drag and drop always mess up the stability
in my systems or interfere with other software. Especially if
the drag and drop feature is by one software manufacturer and
the burning program you're trying to use is by another.

"awguthrie" wrote:

> I, like many, am now unable to copy files to blank cd's. I have reviewed the
> steps for other querries, with no success. The documents/pictures will be in
> the files ready to copy page...but when I hit the copy to disc..nothing
> happens. I have windows xp home with (now) sp2. It's bogus that such a
> large number can experience the same problem...I've lost some faith in MS.
> --
> AWGu3

Hi, awguthrie,
I have XP also and had the same experience. Have you tried My Computer,right
click Drive D , click Properties, click Recording tab, click check box
enabling recording.

"awguthrie" wrote:

> I, like many, am now unable to copy files to blank cd's. I have reviewed the
> steps for other querries, with no success. The documents/pictures will be in
> the files ready to copy page...but when I hit the copy to disc..nothing
> happens. I have windows xp home with (now) sp2. It's bogus that such a
> large number can experience the same problem...I've lost some faith in MS.
> --
> AWGu3

The native CD burning utility in XP does not "truely" allow you to "send to"
the CD drive. This will send to the CD "cache" and wyou will then need to
create the CD.

If you want to use the CD as a "huge" floppy disk, look at Roxio's Drag to
CD or Ahead's InCD.