booklet printing? hp deksjet 5550

I have an hp deskjet 5550 and am interested in printint out a document in
booklet format (folded A4 to make an A5 booklet).
I am having trouble printing out the document in such a way as to make a folded
booklet as the printer driver doesn't seem to support booklet printing. Can
anyone recommend some software (free would be nice) that can do booklet printing?

thanks
alex

Alan

Alex Hunsley <lard@tardis.ed.ac.molar.uk> wrote in message news:<10g1uqtbea4aoc0@corp.supernews.com>...
> I have an hp deskjet 5550 and am interested in printint out a document in
> booklet format (folded A4 to make an A5 booklet).
> I am having trouble printing out the document in such a way as to make a folded
> booklet as the printer driver doesn't seem to support booklet printing. Can
> anyone recommend some software (free would be nice) that can do booklet printing?

Fineprint <http://www.fineprint.com/products/fineprint/>
Not free, but unregisterd works with a footer placed on the page.

If you are using Word 2000 or later, it has this capability built-in -
look for Help for "Booklet".

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:49:48 +0100, Alex Hunsley
<lard@tardis.ed.ac.molar.uk> wrote:

>I have an hp deskjet 5550 and am interested in printint out a document in
>booklet format (folded A4 to make an A5 booklet).
>I am having trouble printing out the document in such a way as to make a folded
>booklet as the printer driver doesn't seem to support booklet printing. Can
>anyone recommend some software (free would be nice) that can do booklet printing?
>
>thanks
>alex

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher