How to Speed UP Duron 700mhz on KT133a

Tell me or redirect to solution , please .

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"Borchacz" <borchacz@wp.pl> wrote in message
> Tell me or redirect to solution , please .

I'm presuming it's a 100MHz fsb duron, an easy step would be to fit PC133
ram and then set the fsb to 133, chances are that the duron will run fine -
if a little hotter. If so fit a cheap 80mm case fan to draw in some cool
air. When I overclocked my 600 all i did was to remove the heatsink & fan
assembly and carefully pencil in the L1 bridges on the face of the chip.
Google will be your friend in explaining this more. I already had PC133 ram
fitted. In the BIOS I just upped the fsb to 133 then upped the multiplier
one jump at a time (which you cant always do until you pencil the L1
bridges). In the end I settled for 7 x 125. Not too bad for a 600 with a
standard hsf (ie cost = 0 !). Exactly what mobo are you running?

chris

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:57:43 +0200, Borchacz wrote:

> Tell me or redirect to solution , please .

Multiplier x FSB =CPU speed. Default for duron 700 is 7x100.

You can raise the FSB in the bios to 133MHz if your other components will
support it. You'd also need to raise vcore up to a max of 1.85v. That
would give you 7x133 without much effort (if it works). Or, you can unlock
the CPU multiplier by closing the four L1 bridges on the cpu and then
change the multiplier via the bios also. Let me see if I have a link to
that.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips475/

"Borchacz" <borchacz@wp.pl> wrote in message
> Tell me or redirect to solution , please .

Format your HDD and install the OS again. And look what are you installing.

Yes , but how do I set 1,8V on this mainboard (no switch or jumpers)
Thx 4 help