Sys Restore from DOS

-- The other day someone was looking for a way to restore when you could only
get a DOS Prompt. I couldnt find my notecard then, but here's the command if
you need it..( From C:\ Prompt) %systemroot%/system32/restore/rstui.exe
Hope its helpful to someone..

Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

I don't know what post you're talking about, but it is not possible to run
System Restore from DOS. It can be done from an XP command prompt as
described in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449
--

"Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message

> -- The other day someone was looking for a way to restore when you could
> only
> get a DOS Prompt. I couldnt find my notecard then, but here's the command
> if
> you need it..( From C:\ Prompt) %systemroot%/system32/restore/rstui.exe
> Hope its helpful to someone..
>
> Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +

Not to mention that only getting a DOS prompt doesn't make much sense in XP,
and there is no DOS...unless someone is booting from a floppy. Or they're
booting in the recovery console and getting lost there.