Epson R800 and old Epson paper

I've just bought a new Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer and was hoping to
save some money by using up a stock of Epson photo paper I've had hanging
around the house for the last 3-4 years from previous printers. The paper is
question is a 20-sheet pack of Epson Photo Quality Glossy Paper and a
20-sheet pack of Epson Photo Paper.

Not finding either of these listed amongst the 'recommended' papers for the
R800 I called up Epson to find out if I could use them. All they were able
to tell me was that these grades were 'incompatible' with my new printer.
Nothing about what would happen if I used them or what results they might
give if I did.

So I turn to the 'real' experts in this group with the following questions:

1. Have Photo Paper and Photo Quality Gloosy Paper been actually dropped or
just rebranded into the current range of Epson papers?

2. Could/should I use these papers in the R800 and what would be the results
if I did?

Any help or advice in this area would be gratefully received.

Rick B

Premium Glossy is recommended for the R800 but there is no reason why you
can't use the paper you have. No reason why you can't use the paper but you
may not like the results.