DVD-RW reads only CDs

I have a DVD-RW drive (Toshiba SD-R5113) and it was working
fine for a while. Now it read CDs fine but not DVDs.

I updated firmware, cleaned it up and tried different things but
no help. When I insert the disk the light in the drive keeps
glowing continuously and when I click the drive from Windows
Explorer I get the error

"Windows can not read from the disk. The disk might be corrupted or it could
be using a format that is not compatible with Windows"

I am suspecting this is a software problem, but could not
figure out anything else.
1 answer Last reply
More about reads

    Can we assume that you've tried more than one disk?

    Now, if you are trying disks that you've recorded yourself, I'd suggest
    trying a commercial DVD. It is possible that your own creations have
    deteriorated to a state of unusability. This has been known to happen
    for various reasons, such as poor media and/or poor storage conditions.

DVD RW Windows XP