I installed a NEC IEEE 1394 it says this device cannot start (code 10) i have
tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but with no luck,,any ideas?
--
Tami

Tami wrote:

> I installed a NEC IEEE 1394 it says this device cannot start (code 10) i have
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but with no luck,,any ideas?

What is the make of the system or the motherboard? Are the
USB drivers installed and USB is working? The software for
it is usually on the motherboard or an utilities cdrom.

Tami,
Let's assume that this computer is either a laptop or tower.
Now let's assume that the NEC IEEE 1394 adapter you installed is either
a PCI card, or a Type II PCMCIA card.
I guess we can also assume that you are running XP since you posted
here, but are you running XP Pro or Home? SP1 or SP2?
"I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but with no luck,any
ideas?"

O.K., Here's one. Please post back with some relevent information so we
don't have to guess about your problem.

"this device cannot start" (code 10)
You might want to mention where your seeing that error message.
I assume it's in device manager.

Well a lot of assuming, but no help for you.
BTW, for Ghostrider's benifit, USB & Firewire are two different
animals.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

sorry for the lack of information new at this. so hoefully i am now giving
you the right information. This is a card which i put into an empty slot.
It has P1394A OHCI link and PHY core function, compliant with IEEE 1394-1995
standard for high proformance Serial Bus, supliment 4.0, Complies with 1394
OpenHCI specifications V1.0 and V1.1, compliant with PCI specification 2.2.
Got all the above information from the box.
I did get the error message (code 10) from the device manage, when deleting
and reinstalling it via the device manage the computer does find the new
hardward but the an exclamation mark in a yellow square appears by the side
of the description of it. again in Device manager.
Not sure if its a PCMCIA card or PCI card .
Again i apoligise if my question is still vague theres alot i dont
understand, but i have had this problem since i installed it 5 months agao
and would appreciate any help.
Thank you
Tami
--
Tami

"Tami" wrote:

> I installed a NEC IEEE 1394 it says this device cannot start (code 10) i have
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but with no luck,,any ideas?
> --
> Tami

It's called Firewire. Do you have anything plugged into the card? if so
unplug it then reboot.