Is the ECS KT600-A Motherboard OK for overclocking?

I'm considering an ECS KT600-A Full size motherboard
with the Via KT600 chipset.

I think that this board supports the Via [FastStream 64TM]
PCI Advanced High Performance Memory controller ?
(which I have been led to believe is less troublesome than dual
channel systems)?? and would like to know if it is a good choice
for overclocking???

TIA

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

ur_droll wrote:
> I'm considering an ECS KT600-A Full size motherboard
> with the Via KT600 chipset.
>
> I think that this board supports the Via [FastStream 64TM]
> PCI Advanced High Performance Memory controller ?
> (which I have been led to believe is less troublesome than dual
> channel systems)?? and would like to know if it is a good choice
> for overclocking???
>
> TIA

Hi, with an AOpen AK77-600N (KT600 chipset) mobo you get FSB adjustments
from 100 thru 250 in 1MHz stepping and a cpu multiplier from 5x thru 18x
in 0.5 steps.

ur_droll wrote:
> I'm considering an ECS KT600-A Full size motherboard
> with the Via KT600 chipset.
>
> I think that this board supports the Via [FastStream 64TM]
> PCI Advanced High Performance Memory controller ?
> (which I have been led to believe is less troublesome than dual
> channel systems)?? and would like to know if it is a good choice
> for overclocking???

In pretty much all tests, the KT600 is pretty much the same as the NF2
performance-wise. The big problem for the KT600 (chipset, not this board in
particular) is the lack of a PCI/AGP lock, which means you can't get much
above a 220-225MHz FSB (highest divider is 1/6).

--
Michael Brown

"Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
: ur_droll wrote:
: > I'm considering an ECS KT600-A Full size motherboard
: > with the Via KT600 chipset.
: >
:
: In pretty much all tests, the KT600 is pretty much the same as the NF2
: performance-wise. The big problem for the KT600 (chipset, not this board
in
: particular) is the lack of a PCI/AGP lock, which means you can't get much
: above a 220-225MHz FSB (highest divider is 1/6).
:

Thanks Michael.... I'll have a look at AopensAK77-600N....
as Jake suggested

"Jake" <Jake@athome.on.mars> wrote in message
: ur_droll wrote:
: > I'm considering an ECS KT600-A Full size motherboard
: > with the Via KT600 chipset.
: >
: > I think that this board supports the Via [FastStream 64TM]
: > PCI Advanced High Performance Memory controller ?
: > (which I have been led to believe is less troublesome than dual
: > channel systems)?? and would like to know if it is a good choice
: > for overclocking???
: >
: > TIA
: >
: >
: Hi, with an AOpen AK77-600N (KT600 chipset) mobo you get FSB adjustments
: from 100 thru 250 in 1MHz stepping and a cpu multiplier from 5x thru 18x
: in 0.5 steps.

Thanks... I'll have a look at it