Which game made u a Gamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
:hello: Hi to everybody,

Im not new to Tom's Hardware but new to forum n wanted to open a thread on ur 1st addicted game, the game turned u into a gamer.

thx for interest!

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

and mine was DOOM,
i come from Atari era, im an Atari loved person n played many many games on it n then started on PC but none could get me as much as Doom...

deaner6666

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Hello Baby_Jade,

Starcraft: Brood War (*1998) by Blizzard Entertainment, that was and still is the prime game for me.

However, other Blizzard games such as Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (*2001) and World of Warcraft (*2004) have also been very satisfying, but not so memorable as Starcraft. It's also pretty neat you can access your games from anywhere, without having to pay additional fees for either the multiplayer or re-downloading them when you use the Battle.Net feature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnotes

*#1: Original Starcraft came out in 1995, and the expansion in 1998 after the completion of Diablo I.

*#2: Original Diablo II came out in 1999.

*#3: Since then there have been two expansions; but i'm sure you probally knew that from it's popularity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Blizzard Games: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/

Blizzard Store: http://blizzard.com/store (I bought most of mine didgitally.)

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
For me, and probably many others, it wasnt one game, but many. The cool thing about gaming, is that there are so many different games and genres to choose from.
So for me, there was not one game that dragged me in, it was seeing how many there are and that each game is fun in its own way.

deaner6666

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Gah. I totally forgot about those games. I revert Starcraft and put up Golden Eye as my Game of Gamers choice. Total classic.

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
I think my earliest home video game was a single game pong console...

I was lucky that my parents were young enough to get into computers and games right at the start of the home computer revolution, Pong came shortly before a real computer.

Back in those days games came out thick and fast, there werent many big hyped releases. Oddly enough piracy was probably a good 80% of all game copies back then...

boden08

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Hi all,
I played many games, but what got me in to gaming was c and c red alert the aftermath, mainly because i played it on link up with a mate on the ps one. The other game that made my buy a pc and upgrade it was dawn of war, i was blown away by this game so i got all of them and then Dawn of war 2 and Chaos rising came out and now i find it hard to play any other game.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Before N64, it was Mario Karts for SNES. Golden Eye for the N64 was prob the first game that I got insanely good at and played all of the time. I found a cheap Halo disk and tried it out on my PC and that actually got me hooked on the online play and PC building (since my crappy Dell could hardly run it). Found out that using a mouse was much better than a control pad and I have been PC gaming ever since.

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Good thread! Yeah c64 for me originally, but probably Wolf 3D on the PC or the first game I played proper multiplayer on was Quake using an old dial up 28.8. But I'd have to say the first addictive games that god me hooked were Commando or Dizzy on the C64

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

yesss they r gorgues games, i didnt like the 1st diablo, it made me feel so dark at the time but was real fall into diablo 2,
warcraft, still use the lines like: "yes, my lord, by ur command..."

since talking on fav. quotes "where r u marshall???" from outlaws, fantastic game!!!
n full throttle also lucasArts game , wht u guys think???

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

yess, i c ur pnt for me too but u know there is smth that really takes u into it not just gaming,
movies for example, i love them! but one u cant forget, :)

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

yesss, ultima!!
was that a commodore 64 game?
i remember playing ultima 8 i guess on PC, it was starting with an execution, hanging...
since then i always wanna find the game again n play

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

i started gaming on Atari but i can barely remember all the names, yes to scenarios but names,
lets see...
Space Invaders, baldur dash smth, there was diamonds n rocks, u need to find them, othello, PacMan and
there was a fishing game, i had to catch it before bears eat u up :D
and a guy like on flintstones, riding on an wheel, u were trying to bring him somewhere,
boxing,...
guess im getting old :D

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
For me, it's not just one game, its a combination of a few
In chronological order -
1) Mario (original Nintendo 64 version)
2) Alladin
3) NFS II SE
4) Age of Empires (Age of Kings & Conquerors)
5) Mortal Kombat 4
6) CS
7) COD 1

Baby_Jade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

Yesss, Wolf 3D was rocking!! n quake of course one of the best ever.
but anyone remember the name of the game that was kinda first of first, the biggest granddady of these, it was a Wolfenstein game but 2D and on screen u had a hand ready to magic n u were effecting enemies with it then u can use guns if u culd find one

anyone remembering???

Status
Not open for further replies.