Overclocking Problems

I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to get it
up to atleast 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then me comp restarts. Then I put the
clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it restarts
again. Since I can get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and dunno. I have a
500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM. And all the while my temps stay down.
--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"

Edit:
I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to get it
up to at least 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then my comp restarts. Then I put
the
clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it restarts
again. Since I can't get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and, I dunno. I have
500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM.

BTW:

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:35:50 -0700, Daniel P wrote:

> I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to get it
> up to atleast 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then me comp restarts. Then I put the
> clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it restarts
> again. Since I can get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and dunno. I have a
> 500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM. And all the while my temps stay down.

If your ram bus is set for 200MHz and you then set the System bus to say
215MHz, the ram bus also increases to 215MHz. Will that ram run that high?
Set ram to 166Mhz and try raising FSB from there.

Ok ill try

--
"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:35:50 -0700, Daniel P wrote:
>
> > I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to get
it
> > up to atleast 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then me comp restarts. Then I put
the
> > clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it restarts
> > again. Since I can get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and dunno. I have a
> > 500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM. And all the while my temps stay
down.

> If your ram bus is set for 200MHz and you then set the System bus to say
> 215MHz, the ram bus also increases to 215MHz. Will that ram run that high?
> Set ram to 166Mhz and try raising FSB from there.

I can't access the system and ram bus.

--
"Daniel P" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Ok ill try
>
> --
> "Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and
it
> holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:35:50 -0700, Daniel P wrote:
> >
> > > I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to
get
> it
> > > up to atleast 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then me comp restarts. Then I
put
> the
> > > clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it
restarts
> > > again. Since I can get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and dunno. I have
> > > 500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM. And all the while my temps stay
> down.
> >
> > If your ram bus is set for 200MHz and you then set the System bus to say
> > 215MHz, the ram bus also increases to 215MHz. Will that ram run that
high?
> > Set ram to 166Mhz and try raising FSB from there.
> >
> > --
> > Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:35:50 -0700, Daniel P wrote:
>
> > I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to get
it
> > up to atleast 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then me comp restarts. Then I put
the
> > clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it restarts
> > again. Since I can get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and dunno. I have a
> > 500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM. And all the while my temps stay
down.

Temps don't mean a great deal, counter-intuitively enough.
Your cooling's the critical factor.
Get an all copper Thermalright heatsink - and if you really want a hot
clock, a 38 x 80mm fan.

> If your ram bus is set for 200MHz and you then set the System bus to say
> 215MHz, the ram bus also increases to 215MHz. Will that ram run that high?
> Set ram to 166Mhz and try raising FSB from there.

Hows this gonna help my problem?

--
"Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:35:50 -0700, Daniel P wrote:
> >
> > > I am having more and more problems OCing my A64 2Ghz. I am tring to
get
> it
> > > up to atleast 2.2Ghz but Ill get there then me comp restarts. Then I
put
> the
> > > clock down to 2.1 and it runs stable for a few minutes then it
restarts
> > > again. Since I can get to the muliplyer I OC the FSB and dunno. I have
> > > 500w PSU and I have 3200 Kingston RAM. And all the while my temps stay
> down.
>

> Temps don't mean a great deal, counter-intuitively enough.
> Your cooling's the critical factor.
> Get an all copper Thermalright heatsink - and if you really want a hot
> clock, a 38 x 80mm fan.
>

> > If your ram bus is set for 200MHz and you then set the System bus to say
> > 215MHz, the ram bus also increases to 215MHz. Will that ram run that
high?
> > Set ram to 166Mhz and try raising FSB from there.
> >
> > --
> > Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

johny

Keep in mind, its not only the CPU and Memory you're OC'ing, unless you have
nforce2 chipset.
What kind of Motherboard do you have, chipset? perhaps its your PCI Sound
Card thats causing problems, or Nortbridge not being cooled properly.

I'm running A64 3200+ 2.0 GHZ on MSI Neo FIR2R K8T800 chipset, 2x512 Corsair
XMS (with 18 activity LEDs) With stock cooling, I was able to get my FSB to
213 and run stable, never Prime95'ed though. Built my watercooling days ago,
set my FSB to 220, boot up no problem, started 3DMark2003 to benchmark,
after few minutes it locked up, i restart, it doesn't boot, i get 8 short
beeps for Video Memory read/write error. After few minutes video card cooled
off and its fine now. Ordered RAMsinks from dangerden.com yesterday. I will
be trying to push FSB past 220 as soon as I get the RAM sinks.

> Hows this gonna help my problem?
>
> --
> "Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and
it
> holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
> "Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

> get
> > it
> put
> > the
> restarts
> > down.
> >

> > Temps don't mean a great deal, counter-intuitively enough.
> > Your cooling's the critical factor.
> > Get an all copper Thermalright heatsink - and if you really want a hot
> > clock, a 38 x 80mm fan.
> >

> > > If your ram bus is set for 200MHz and you then set the System bus to
say
> > > 215MHz, the ram bus also increases to 215MHz. Will that ram run that
> high?
> > > Set ram to 166Mhz and try raising FSB from there.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
> > > http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

I have a K8T-NeoFis2r with a Via K8T-800 Chipset. My sond card is a Sound
Blaster Audigy ZS and I have medium sized heat sinks all over my chipset.

--
"johny" <asdfae2@dfa.com> wrote in message
> Keep in mind, its not only the CPU and Memory you're OC'ing, unless you
have
> nforce2 chipset.
> What kind of Motherboard do you have, chipset? perhaps its your PCI Sound
> Card thats causing problems, or Nortbridge not being cooled properly.
>

> I'm running A64 3200+ 2.0 GHZ on MSI Neo FIR2R K8T800 chipset, 2x512
Corsair
> XMS (with 18 activity LEDs) With stock cooling, I was able to get my FSB
> 213 and run stable, never Prime95'ed though. Built my watercooling days
ago,
> set my FSB to 220, boot up no problem, started 3DMark2003 to benchmark,
> after few minutes it locked up, i restart, it doesn't boot, i get 8 short
> beeps for Video Memory read/write error. After few minutes video card
cooled
> off and its fine now. Ordered RAMsinks from dangerden.com yesterday. I
will
> be trying to push FSB past 220 as soon as I get the RAM sinks.
>

> "Daniel P" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> > Hows this gonna help my problem?
> >
> > --
> > "Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side,
and
> it
> > holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
> > "Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

> > get
> > > it
> > put
> > > the
> > restarts
> have
> stay
> > > down.
> > >

> > > Temps don't mean a great deal, counter-intuitively enough.
> > > Your cooling's the critical factor.
> > > Get an all copper Thermalright heatsink - and if you really want a hot
> > > clock, a 38 x 80mm fan.

> say
> > high?

Does anyone know a good OC program? I was thinkin that with a program I may
be able to raise my multiplier not my FSB