Serillel SATA/IDE Adapter with Abit NF7-S

I am currently using a WD 160GB/8mb IDE drive with the Abit Serillel
SATA/IDE adapter on the Abit NF7-S V2.0 motherboard SATA channel.
Performance is very good. I would like to add a second WD 160GB SATA drive
for Raid 0 operation. Has anyone tried mixing a native SATA drive and a
PATA drive with the Serillel adapter for Raid 0 operation ? Both would be
the WD160GB/8 MB buffer drives. The concern would be any timing or
performance issues with the Serillel adapter vs whatever protocol conversion
logic would be in the WD SATA drive. Thanks.
Harey

Harey wrote:
> I am currently using a WD 160GB/8mb IDE drive with the Abit Serillel
> SATA/IDE adapter on the Abit NF7-S V2.0 motherboard SATA channel.
> Performance is very good. I would like to add a second WD 160GB SATA
> drive for Raid 0 operation. Has anyone tried mixing a native SATA drive
> and a PATA drive with the Serillel adapter for Raid 0 operation ? Both
> would be the WD160GB/8 MB buffer drives. The concern would be any timing
> or performance issues with the Serillel adapter vs whatever protocol
> conversion logic would be in the WD SATA drive. Thanks.
> Harey

Should be fine.

You don't need two matched drives to use RAID anyway.

Ben