I have a 40mm fan on my asus motherboard which went bad. Anyone know
where I could go to get a replacement?

Ed

On 14 Jun 2004 07:18:49 -0700, checkitout@checkonce.com (Jack Lee)
wrote:

>I have a 40mm fan on my asus motherboard which went bad. Anyone know
>where I could go to get a replacement?

Contacting Asus might help. ;p
When my ABIT fan died after 3 months ABIT sent me a new HS/fan for free.

or just get one online that is similar, for example....
http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactory.asp?catalog=62&DEPA=0
(select 40mm fan size)

"Jack Lee" <checkitout@checkonce.com> wrote in message
> I have a 40mm fan on my asus motherboard which went bad. Anyone know
> where I could go to get a replacement?

Online

"Ed" <uranidiot@behappy.com> wrote in message
> On 14 Jun 2004 07:18:49 -0700, checkitout@checkonce.com (Jack Lee)
> wrote:
>
> >I have a 40mm fan on my asus motherboard which went bad. Anyone know
> >where I could go to get a replacement?
>
> Contacting Asus might help. ;p
> When my ABIT fan died after 3 months ABIT sent me a new HS/fan for free.
>
> or just get one online that is similar, for example....
> http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactory.asp?catalog=62&DEPA=0
> (select 40mm fan size)

Try here

www.directron.com/40mmfans.html

www.nexfan.com/40mmfans1.html

---

hey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004

Before you go throwing it away, what exactly happened? A lot of
times, fans can be fixed. Usually it has some crud piled up in the
sleeve around th magnets- if you have patience and some small tools,
remove the sticker that covers the plug. Then pull out the clip,
remove the fans haft, and clean using isopropyl alcohol. Reassemble
using either a thin coat of lithium grease on the shaft or a drop or
2 of either sewing machine oil or hair trimmer oil (any LIGHT machine
oil will work). Reinstall the fan, and test. You can fix just
about any fan on computers this way, from little 40mm fans to the big
120mm fans; including power supply fans.

You should check out hardwarecooling.com they have the big kahuna 40mm
fan priced at $4.99.

Here is the link: http://www.hardwarecooling.com/default.php/cPath/48_77

checkitout@checkonce.com (Jack Lee) wrote in message news:<8b33057.0406140618.6c074f27@posting.google.com>...
> I have a 40mm fan on my asus motherboard which went bad. Anyone know
> where I could go to get a replacement?

TRENDING THREADS