Overclocked 2500+

I have a AMD XP 2500+ that I have overclocked to 3200 speed (11*3200)
without increasing the voltage or anything.

How is this different than a 3200+ chip? Does the 3200 have a different
cache or anything? Are they made differently? What makes a 3200 chip
"3200" (I mean, I know that means the FSB times the multiplier, but
internally, how does a 3200 differ from a 2500)

Chris

Christopher Vitek wrote:
> I have a AMD XP 2500+ that I have overclocked to 3200 speed (11*3200)
> without increasing the voltage or anything.
>
> How is this different than a 3200+ chip?

The only difference is that the 3200 has a default FSB of 200MHz, and your
overclocked 2500 has a default FSB of 166MHz (which is is obviously not
running on :) ). This is dictated by a single bridge in L12, and is the only
difference between the two. Both chips are made in exactly the same way, go
down the same production line, have the same die, etc etc.

[...]

--
Michael Brown