XP 2500 Mobile or regular?

I'm planing to build another OC'ed system (barton 2500 @ 3200 ofcourse) so
I'm looking at these two different processors XP 2500 Mobile and XP 2500
Desktop version. I know the Mobile runs at 266FSB 1.45V while Desktop is
333FSB 1.65V Really, what is the difference between these two, is it the
same die running at lower voltage at lower FSB to reduce heat and power
consumption, or is it totaly different die?
Also, because the mobile FSB is 266, running at 1.83, what is the multiplier
on it 13.75?
Which one of these is a better choice performance wise to run at 2.2GHZ
3200+?
4 answers Last reply
More about 2500 mobile regular

    Hi
    Xp2500 mobile is 14 X 133

    Grab the mobile,lower voltages and will be unlocked

    Mine runs at 2550Mhz

    If all you want is to overclock to XP3200+ speed then the desktop should do
    it just fine, I've had 100% success with 2004 CPU's. If on the other hand
    you want the extra flaxibility that the unlocked multiplier gives you then
    it's worth paying the extra for the mobile. Other than the differing default
    multiplier, FSB and voltage they are the same CPU.
    "johny" <asdfae2@dfa.com> wrote in message
    > I'm planing to build another OC'ed system (barton 2500 @ 3200 ofcourse) so
    > I'm looking at these two different processors XP 2500 Mobile and XP 2500
    > Desktop version. I know the Mobile runs at 266FSB 1.45V while Desktop is
    > 333FSB 1.65V Really, what is the difference between these two, is it the
    > same die running at lower voltage at lower FSB to reduce heat and power
    > consumption, or is it totaly different die?
    > Also, because the mobile FSB is 266, running at 1.83, what is the
    multiplier
    > on it 13.75?
    > Which one of these is a better choice performance wise to run at 2.2GHZ
    > 3200+?

    Get the Mobile...... I wish I had waited till it was released.

    Xp2500 mobile is the best for you

    --
    [ kamilo23 | Epox 8rda+ nforce 2 spp + AMD ATHLON 2000xp+ 256/333mbram ]
    [ CTX 700F + GF FX 5200 128MB 128 bit & Zasilacz Codegen 300Wat]

AMD Mobile Windows XP Overclocking