Can I suspend USB power when my machine goes into standby?

My Gateway 901x doesn't have the most space around it, it tends to get
warm, too warm. I bought a couple of external fans that plug directly
into USB for power and they cool my computer like a treat. When I put
the system into standby (S3) I was surprised to find the fans still
happily running. Hmm.

I looked in power options, nothing.
I tried turning off all devices ability to wake from standby (USB
keyboard and mouse) didn't help.
I looked in the BIOS, nothing apparent there.

Can anyone give me any ideas of how to make the fans come on and off as

the computer goes into and out of standby. I think that basically means

somehow turning the USB power on and off.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about suspend power machine standby

    In the device manager expand Universal Serial Bus Controller, right click on
    USB Root Hub, select properties, select power management. Your option is in
    there.

    <jrmwillis@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > My Gateway 901x doesn't have the most space around it, it tends to get
    > warm, too warm. I bought a couple of external fans that plug directly
    > into USB for power and they cool my computer like a treat. When I put
    > the system into standby (S3) I was surprised to find the fans still
    > happily running. Hmm.
    >

    > I looked in power options, nothing.
    > I tried turning off all devices ability to wake from standby (USB
    > keyboard and mouse) didn't help.
    > I looked in the BIOS, nothing apparent there.
    >

    > Can anyone give me any ideas of how to make the fans come on and off as
    >
    > the computer goes into and out of standby. I think that basically means
    >
    > somehow turning the USB power on and off.
    >

    > Anyone got any ideas?
    >

    > Thanks.

USB Power Windows XP