Liquid cooling.. the best of the best?

I'm looking to purchase a liquid cooler, does anyone have any good
recommendations?

Here is my set up:
Asus SK8V & AMD FX51
2X 512 Infiniteon DDR 266 ECC REG (they were free)
1 x seagate barracuda SATA drives (gonna be two soon)
nVidia 4600 Ti
Akasa 480w PSU

At the moment its running 210 x 11 @1.60v (2319Ghz) and I'm sure it
will go up as long as I get some decent cooling - my temps with just
the single stock fan are 47c idle and 60c max load.
I've no other fan at all! I just leave the case side open.

Who can recommend a manufacturer / model ? does anyone know things I
should be avoiding?
I really dont want anything external (i.e. the Thermaltake Aquarius 3
has a huge external radiator - not what I want!!)
Is liquid cooling goin to be MUCH more beneficial than a Fan / exhaust
when O/C?

comments really appreciated!

If you are looking for the best, buy an Asetek VapoChill XE

Check out the forums at www.procooling.com. Should get some good advice
there. www.Overclockers.com has some good guides on watercooling.
Basically research, research, research before you start. Get an idea of
what you want to cool, CPU? CPU & More (GPU/NB/HDDs)?

"FrobinRobin" <frobinrobin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking to purchase a liquid cooler, does anyone have any good
> recommendations?
>
> Here is my set up:
> Asus SK8V & AMD FX51
> 2X 512 Infiniteon DDR 266 ECC REG (they were free)
> 1 x seagate barracuda SATA drives (gonna be two soon)
> nVidia 4600 Ti
> Akasa 480w PSU
>
> At the moment its running 210 x 11 @1.60v (2319Ghz) and I'm sure it
> will go up as long as I get some decent cooling - my temps with just
> the single stock fan are 47c idle and 60c max load.
> I've no other fan at all! I just leave the case side open.
>
> Who can recommend a manufacturer / model ? does anyone know things I
> should be avoiding?
> I really dont want anything external (i.e. the Thermaltake Aquarius 3
> has a huge external radiator - not what I want!!)
> Is liquid cooling goin to be MUCH more beneficial than a Fan / exhaust
> when O/C?
>
> comments really appreciated!

hi

you will gain some but will require more work to have it than aircooling.

i use a hydor pump and cpu/gpu block from swifttech, cooled by two hardware
labs extreme II radiatorn mounted outside the case. go for ½" id things, not
any smaller!

coco

"FrobinRobin" <frobinrobin@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I'm looking to purchase a liquid cooler, does anyone have any good
> recommendations?
>
> Here is my set up:
> Asus SK8V & AMD FX51
> 2X 512 Infiniteon DDR 266 ECC REG (they were free)
> 1 x seagate barracuda SATA drives (gonna be two soon)
> nVidia 4600 Ti
> Akasa 480w PSU
>
> At the moment its running 210 x 11 @1.60v (2319Ghz) and I'm sure it
> will go up as long as I get some decent cooling - my temps with just
> the single stock fan are 47c idle and 60c max load.
> I've no other fan at all! I just leave the case side open.
>
> Who can recommend a manufacturer / model ? does anyone know things I
> should be avoiding?
> I really dont want anything external (i.e. the Thermaltake Aquarius 3
> has a huge external radiator - not what I want!!)
> Is liquid cooling goin to be MUCH more beneficial than a Fan / exhaust
> when O/C?
>
> comments really appreciated!

That Asetek XE aint bad.. but the Zalman TNN500A seems much better
(its heat pipe exhaust cooling - silent!) for around £100 more.

I'm going to investigate heat pipe cooling ... I want to cool my CPU,
chipset, maybe GPU (Nvidia GeForce 4600ti - not tried O/C it yet - any
comments appreciated!) and definitely heatpipe cooling for the HDD's.

There are so many options.. I'm trying to put my system together so I
dont need to buy too many parts when I upgrade my cpu / mobo next
time.

So case / cooling / ram / PSU need to be decent.

read & read..read & read..read & read..read & read..
- its all good fun!