Partitioning Two Hard Drives

I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If I
use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to CD's,
then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
partitions?
4 answers Last reply
More about partitioning hard drives

    I have not used Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard. It does not
    appear to take an image copy so I think it should not re-do your new
    partitions. It may just re-do your user setting and configurations as they
    were before.

    "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
    > use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
    > CD's,
    > then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
    > partitions?

    Thank you. I think I can proceed now.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > I have not used Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard. It does not
    > appear to take an image copy so I think it should not re-do your new
    > partitions. It may just re-do your user setting and configurations as they
    > were before.
    >

    > "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
    > > use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
    > > CD's,
    > > then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
    > > partitions?

    The File and Settings Transfer Wizard is not used for backups. Use XP's own
    ntbackup or the backup software of your choice.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
    > use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
    CD's,
    > then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
    > partitions?

    Thank you. I will try to find alternatives.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > The File and Settings Transfer Wizard is not used for backups. Use XP's own
    > ntbackup or the backup software of your choice.
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
    > > use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
    > CD's,
    > > then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
    > > partitions?

CD-Rom Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP