Partitioning Two Hard Drives

I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If I
use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to CD's,
then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
partitions?

I have not used Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard. It does not
appear to take an image copy so I think it should not re-do your new
partitions. It may just re-do your user setting and configurations as they
were before.

"harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
> use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
> CD's,
> then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
> partitions?

Thank you. I think I can proceed now.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> I have not used Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard. It does not
> appear to take an image copy so I think it should not re-do your new
> partitions. It may just re-do your user setting and configurations as they
> were before.
>

> "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
> > use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
> > CD's,
> > then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
> > partitions?

The File and Settings Transfer Wizard is not used for backups. Use XP's own
ntbackup or the backup software of your choice.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
> use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
CD's,
> then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
> partitions?

Thank you. I will try to find alternatives.