Partitioning Two Hard Drives

July 26, 2005 4:44:03 PM

I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If I
use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to CD's,
then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
partitions?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 7:48:08 PM

I have not used Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard. It does not
appear to take an image copy so I think it should not re-do your new
partitions. It may just re-do your user setting and configurations as they
were before.

"harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
> use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
> CD's,
> then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
> partitions?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 7:48:09 PM

Thank you. I think I can proceed now.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> I have not used Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard. It does not
> appear to take an image copy so I think it should not re-do your new
> partitions. It may just re-do your user setting and configurations as they
> were before.
>

> "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
> > use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
> > CD's,
> > then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
> > partitions?

July 26, 2005 7:57:17 PM

The File and Settings Transfer Wizard is not used for backups. Use XP's own
ntbackup or the backup software of your choice.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two laptop hard drives, 20 GB each, one internal, one external. If
> use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to backup my system files to
CD's,
> then partition my hard drives, will the use of the CD's destroy the
> partitions?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 7:57:18 PM

Thank you. I will try to find alternatives.

!