camcorder on IEEE1394 port not recognize by win XP

Tags:
  • Camcorders
  • Windows XP
July 27, 2005 2:49:09 AM

Hello,

since I reinstall XP + SP2, I can't download my own movies from my SONY
camcorder trought the firewire port.
throught the USB port, I can without probleme download my pictures from my
camcorder.

I try with severals software and I get already the same results.

Somes details:

Wenn I turn on my camcorder, during 3 seconds the camcorder is recognized by
Windows (opening a little window to ask me what to do) and then the windows
desappeared and I can't use the camcorder.
As well as Windows, my video software ask me that there is a new video
sources and ask if I want to use it. I've not enough time to answer (by
click on yes or no) and the camcorder is not available.

I don't no what is the conflict with Win xp but I think that it is a problem
with windows

I already delete and reinstall the drivers for the IEEE1394 port in the
peripherical menu. Each time I turn on my camcorder, it appears 2 second in
this menu and then desappear.

Did someone has an idee what to do in this case ?

Regards,
Tommy.

PS: sorry for my bad english :-)

More about : camcorder ieee1394 port recognize win

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:49:10 AM

You'll need to open xps firewall,exceptions,add the port.

"Tommy" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since I reinstall XP + SP2, I can't download my own movies from my SONY
> camcorder trought the firewire port.
> throught the USB port, I can without probleme download my pictures from my
> camcorder.
>
> I try with severals software and I get already the same results.
>
> Somes details:
>
> Wenn I turn on my camcorder, during 3 seconds the camcorder is recognized by
> Windows (opening a little window to ask me what to do) and then the windows
> desappeared and I can't use the camcorder.
> As well as Windows, my video software ask me that there is a new video
> sources and ask if I want to use it. I've not enough time to answer (by
> click on yes or no) and the camcorder is not available.
>
> I don't no what is the conflict with Win xp but I think that it is a problem
> with windows
>
> I already delete and reinstall the drivers for the IEEE1394 port in the
> peripherical menu. Each time I turn on my camcorder, it appears 2 second in
> this menu and then desappear.
>
> Did someone has an idee what to do in this case ?
>
> Regards,
> Tommy.
>
> PS: sorry for my bad english :-)

July 27, 2005 11:25:45 AM

Andrew E. wrote:

> You'll need to open xps firewall,exceptions,add the port.

Andrew, that is insane. The firewall has nothing to do with whether
hardware is recognized locally.

> "Tommy" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> since I reinstall XP + SP2, I can't download my own movies from my
>> SONY camcorder trought the firewire port.
>> throught the USB port, I can without probleme download my pictures
>> from my camcorder.
>>
>> I try with severals software and I get already the same results.
>>
>> Somes details:
>>
>> Wenn I turn on my camcorder, during 3 seconds the camcorder is
>> recognized by Windows (opening a little window to ask me what to do)
>> and then the windows desappeared and I can't use the camcorder.
>> As well as Windows, my video software ask me that there is a new
>> video sources and ask if I want to use it. I've not enough time to
>> answer (by click on yes or no) and the camcorder is not available.
>>
>> I don't no what is the conflict with Win xp but I think that it is a
>> problem with windows
>>
>> I already delete and reinstall the drivers for the IEEE1394 port in
>> the peripherical menu. Each time I turn on my camcorder, it appears 2
>> second in this menu and then desappear.

Tommy - check with the camera mftr.'s tech support for the issue with
their camera and SP2.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ensure the camcorder is connected to an external power source... and check
the firewire cable. If possible, borrow a known working cable from a friend
to try to diagnose the problem further.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging