AMD 2800+ cpu what is normal temp range?

Thanks,
Scotter
8 answers Last reply
More about 2800 normal temp range

    My 2500 oc'd to 3200 runs about 45 degrees winter, and 51-52 this time of
    year at idle. When chugging hits about 55-58. Soltek's temp monitor turns
    from green to yellow at 50 degrees, never seen red yet!
    Mark

    --
    Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
    ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in news:Uk9Ac.649$M96.118@fe2.texas.rr.com:

    > Thanks,
    > Scotter

    I run a 2600 Barton o'ced to 2800 speed. It runs at 43 degC idle and 53
    maxed out running toast, so I'd expect yours to be able to run similar
    temps with a good cooler (mine is a Nexus AXP3200).

    Stuart

    Thanks!

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:44:36 GMT, Scotter <spam@spam.com> wrote:
    > Thanks,
    > Scotter

    I sure that if you tried really hard you would easily find that
    information at AMD's website, in their chip specifications section.

    Larry Gagnon

    --
    ********************************
    to reply via email remove "fake"

    "Larry Gagnon" <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:44:36 GMT, Scotter <spam@spam.com> wrote:
    > > Thanks,
    > > Scotter
    > >

    > I sure that if you tried really hard you would easily find that
    > information at AMD's website, in their chip specifications section.

    But it is so easy to just post....................: )

    AMD says 70C MAX, ofcourse if your cpu runs at 65, something is wrong. other
    than that, its up to you how good you can cool it. My normal operating cpu
    temp. is 30C, but thats watercooled with 39Watt 500 Gallon per hour pump
    1/2" tubing.

    i was running Prime95 "burn-in" test all day, my 20 gallon reservior tank
    got pretty warm.

    "W????n" <wtuireouiwtroept@youspammer.org> wrote in message

    > "Larry Gagnon" <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:44:36 GMT, Scotter <spam@spam.com> wrote:
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Scotter
    > > >

    > > I sure that if you tried really hard you would easily find that
    > > information at AMD's website, in their chip specifications section.
    > >

    > But it is so easy to just post....................: )

    More like 85C....
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/26237.PDF

    "johny" <asdfae2@dfa.com> wrote in message
    > AMD says 70C MAX, ofcourse if your cpu runs at 65, something is wrong.
    other
    > than that, its up to you how good you can cool it. My normal operating cpu
    > temp. is 30C, but thats watercooled with 39Watt 500 Gallon per hour pump
    > 1/2" tubing.
    >
    > i was running Prime95 "burn-in" test all day, my 20 gallon reservior tank
    > got pretty warm.
    >

    > "W????n" <wtuireouiwtroept@youspammer.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Larry Gagnon" <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com> wrote in message
    > > > >

    > > > I sure that if you tried really hard you would easily find that
    > > > information at AMD's website, in their chip specifications section.
    > > >

    > > But it is so easy to just post....................: )

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 05:13:19 GMT, "johny" <asdfae2@dfa.com> wrote:

    >AMD says 70C MAX, ofcourse if your cpu runs at 65, something is wrong. other

    Bartons are 85C max
    T-breds are 85C and a few @ 90C.
    AMD64 are 70C

AMD Overclocking Hardware CPUs