Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0

I have never had a problem with this hardware until recently. I have
rechargable batteries that I switch out when the mouse goes dead. It usually
takes about a month or more. Lately the mouse needs new batteries in a matter
of hours. I put brand new durecells into it to see if it was the rechargable
batteries and it drained them in about two hours. There was a power saver for
this in the software, but I don't see it now. Can anyone help me out with
this?

Perhaps reinstalling the software that provided the "power saver" would
correct the issue.

CZKEVIN wrote:

> I have never had a problem with this hardware until recently. I have
> rechargable batteries that I switch out when the mouse goes dead. It usually
> takes about a month or more. Lately the mouse needs new batteries in a matter
> of hours. I put brand new durecells into it to see if it was the rechargable
> batteries and it drained them in about two hours. There was a power saver for
> this in the software, but I don't see it now. Can anyone help me out with
> this?

Tried that. I also downloaded the newest version of the software without any
change. Thanks, but I still have the problem.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Perhaps reinstalling the software that provided the "power saver" would
> correct the issue.
>
> CZKEVIN wrote:
>
> > I have never had a problem with this hardware until recently. I have
> > rechargable batteries that I switch out when the mouse goes dead. It usually
> > takes about a month or more. Lately the mouse needs new batteries in a matter
> > of hours. I put brand new durecells into it to see if it was the rechargable
> > batteries and it drained them in about two hours. There was a power saver for
> > this in the software, but I don't see it now. Can anyone help me out with
> > this?

Are you sure the batteries were truly drained or are your relying on the
Windows driver messages?

"CZKEVIN" <CZKEVIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have never had a problem with this hardware until recently. I have
> rechargable batteries that I switch out when the mouse goes dead. It
> usually
> takes about a month or more. Lately the mouse needs new batteries in a
> matter
> of hours. I put brand new durecells into it to see if it was the
> rechargable
> batteries and it drained them in about two hours. There was a power saver
> for
> this in the software, but I don't see it now. Can anyone help me out with
> this?

The mouse goes completely dead, no light at all. I then change the batteries
with the charged up ones and it works perfectly for an hour or so. I wish it
was just that message because I would just keep using it.