Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 and Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

Hello,

Does Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 suit
Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 motherboard with Barton 2800+ ?

Pavel.

Pavel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 suit
> Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 motherboard with Barton 2800+ ?

No.
Thermaltake makes another Silent Boost model for SocketA aka Socket 462.
That's the one you want. Part #A1889 or 1889-01.

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

> > Does Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 suit
> > Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 motherboard with Barton 2800+ ?
>
> No.
> Thermaltake makes another Silent Boost model for SocketA aka Socket 462.
> That's the one you want. Part #A1889 or 1889-01.

Thanks for answer.
But, does Part#A1889 or 1889-01 suit Gigabyte 7N400 Pro 2
motherboard?
Some motherboards have special holes around slot which
are required to install fan. Some fans require those holes,
some not.

Pavel.

Pavel wrote:
>>> Does Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 suit
>>> Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 motherboard with Barton 2800+ ?
>>
>> No.
>> Thermaltake makes another Silent Boost model for SocketA aka Socket
>> 462. That's the one you want. Part #A1889 or 1889-01.
>>

> Thanks for answer.
> But, does Part#A1889 or 1889-01 suit Gigabyte 7N400 Pro 2
> motherboard?
> Some motherboards have special holes around slot which
> are required to install fan. Some fans require those holes,
> some not.

I could not reach the Thermaltake.com site on the day of my original post.
http://thermaltake.com/coolers/volcano/rs/a1889.htm

Either version uses a 6 lug clip to attach to the ZIF socket of the
motherboard. It is a good mechanical interface.
The only difference between the two products is the A1889-01 uses a dual
ball bearing fan rather than the slightly quieter Panaflo fan of the A1889.
Either one will fit your motherboard.