Lots of problems

Angel

Recently I cloned my hd with data lifeguard which I downloaded from the
manufacturer's site. The new hd that I cloned has alot of errors
that I have not been able to resolve for instance: System restore is inop
when I tried going to the control panel system to try and turn it on it gave
me an error something to do with rundll,
Microsoft office is also giving me problems it wont let me repair it or
un-install so that I can have a clean installation, Nortons go-back is also
not available on my computer somthing about DDO, Anyway to make along story
short I have decided that a clean install of my computer is in my best
interest. I need to know how to format or wipe clean my new hd so that I can
start from scratch or should I return it and get a new one.

I thank you in advance for all of your help

Insert your Windows XP cd, reboot, follow the prompts. If nothing happens
then go into the bios and change the boot sequence to boot from the cdrom
first.

"angel" <angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I cloned my hd with data lifeguard which I downloaded from the
> manufacturer's site. The new hd that I cloned has alot of errors
> that I have not been able to resolve for instance: System restore is inop
> when I tried going to the control panel system to try and turn it on it
> gave
> me an error something to do with rundll,
> Microsoft office is also giving me problems it wont let me repair it or
> un-install so that I can have a clean installation, Nortons go-back is
> also
> not available on my computer somthing about DDO, Anyway to make along
> story
> short I have decided that a clean install of my computer is in my best
> interest. I need to know how to format or wipe clean my new hd so that I
> can
> start from scratch or should I return it and get a new one.
>
> I thank you in advance for all of your help

Malke

angel wrote:

> Recently I cloned my hd with data lifeguard which I downloaded from
> the manufacturer's site. The new hd that I cloned has alot of errors
> that I have not been able to resolve for instance: System restore is
> inop when I tried going to the control panel system to try and turn it
> on it gave me an error something to do with rundll,
> Microsoft office is also giving me problems it wont let me repair it
> or un-install so that I can have a clean installation, Nortons go-back
> is also not available on my computer somthing about DDO, Anyway to
> make along story short I have decided that a clean install of my
> computer is in my best interest. I need to know how to format or wipe
> clean my new hd so that I can start from scratch or should I return it
> and get a new one.
>
> I thank you in advance for all of your help

Please see the answers you got to your first post about this problem
using the subject line "office xp". Please do not make a new post about
the same problem without waiting at least 24 hours.

The reason you are having difficulty finding your previous post is
because you are using the terrible web interface. Set up a newsreader
instead. Here is information to help you:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Angel

Thank you all for your help

"Malke" wrote:

> angel wrote:
>
> > Recently I cloned my hd with data lifeguard which I downloaded from
> > the manufacturer's site. The new hd that I cloned has alot of errors
> > that I have not been able to resolve for instance: System restore is
> > inop when I tried going to the control panel system to try and turn it
> > on it gave me an error something to do with rundll,
> > Microsoft office is also giving me problems it wont let me repair it
> > or un-install so that I can have a clean installation, Nortons go-back
> > is also not available on my computer somthing about DDO, Anyway to
> > make along story short I have decided that a clean install of my
> > computer is in my best interest. I need to know how to format or wipe
> > clean my new hd so that I can start from scratch or should I return it
> > and get a new one.
> >
> > I thank you in advance for all of your help
>
> Please see the answers you got to your first post about this problem
> using the subject line "office xp". Please do not make a new post about
> the same problem without waiting at least 24 hours.
>
> The reason you are having difficulty finding your previous post is
> because you are using the terrible web interface. Set up a newsreader
> instead. Here is information to help you:
>
> Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
> really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
> learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
> but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
> some links to information about newsgroups:
>
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
> explanation of newsgroups
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
> http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
> - Set Up Newsreader
>
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
> microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
> working properly
> http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
> crossposting
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Jim

Name ANYONE who has been "banned" from an MS PUBLIC newsgroup.

"Treeman" <Treeman.1su4ke@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> PCButts,
> Please do not include your spam re-directs in your postings.
> This may get you banned from the NG.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

You can also use your Data Lifeguard Cd or Floppy to reformat the hd in
NTFS format, you boot to either the Cd or flopy so make sure your BIOS
boot sequence is correct. When you reinstall XP the prompt that ask for
formating hd type should have use the existing disk format and partition
size highlighted click it and continue on.

--
ILDuckhunter

Sorry to piggyback you Jim but I don't see Treeman's reply.

Treeman what are you talking about? spam re-directs ?

"Jim" <Hgg@juh.com> wrote in message
> Name ANYONE who has been "banned" from an MS PUBLIC newsgroup.
>
> "Treeman" <Treeman.1su4ke@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> PCButts,
>> Please do not include your spam re-directs in your postings.
>> This may get you banned from the NG.
>> Best,
>> Treeman
>>

>> --
>> Treeman

>> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
>> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870934493

Jim

This is the post

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Sorry to piggyback you Jim but I don't see Treeman's reply.
>
> Treeman what are you talking about? spam re-directs ?

> "Jim" <Hgg@juh.com> wrote in message
>> Name ANYONE who has been "banned" from an MS PUBLIC newsgroup.
>>
>> "Treeman" <Treeman.1su4ke@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> PCButts,
>>> Please do not include your spam re-directs in your postings.
>>> This may get you banned from the NG.
>>> Best,
>>> Treeman
>>>

>>> --
>>> Treeman

>>> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
>>> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870934493

Nope that did not work I got an expired message. From his sig it looks like
he is posting to a forum the indexes this group.

"Jim" <Kljggg4@kjhj.net> wrote in message
> This is the post
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry to piggyback you Jim but I don't see Treeman's reply.
>>
>> Treeman what are you talking about? spam re-directs ?
>>
>> --

>> "Jim" <Hgg@juh.com> wrote in message
>>> Name ANYONE who has been "banned" from an MS PUBLIC newsgroup.
>>>
>>> "Treeman" <Treeman.1su4ke@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

Jim

Here is the post verbatim

PCButts,
Please do not include your spam re-directs in your postings.
This may get you banned from the NG.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

I was wondering what he was referring to.

pcbutts1 wrote:

> I was wondering what he was referring to.

On your posts, below the signature line (which doesn't show up quoted in
my newsreader) is this information:

The best live web video on the internet
http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm

I believe this is what Treeman was referring to. This "signature" shows
up on all your posts, at least today's.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Jim

I don't get it. What's wrong with his sig? Is it the links?

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
>> I was wondering what he was referring to.
>>
> On your posts, below the signature line (which doesn't show up quoted in
> my newsreader) is this information:
>
> The best live web video on the internet
> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>
> I believe this is what Treeman was referring to. This "signature" shows
> up on all your posts, at least today's.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Malke

Jim wrote:

> I don't get it. What's wrong with his sig? Is it the links?

I'm not the one who complained about it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic"

Jim

Oh. I thought that you where commenting as well, and I can't see whats wrong
with his sig, or what the fuss was.
> Jim wrote:
>
>> I don't get it. What's wrong with his sig? Is it the links?
>>

> I'm not the one who complained about it.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

That's what I thought. My sig is fine and conforms and it is not a redirect.
Maybe he thinks I am promoting someone else's site.

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
>> I was wondering what he was referring to.
>>
> On your posts, below the signature line (which doesn't show up quoted in
> my newsreader) is this information:
>
> The best live web video on the internet
> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>
> I believe this is what Treeman was referring to. This "signature" shows
> up on all your posts, at least today's.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

The best live web video on the internet
http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. _We_now_sell_DVR_cards._

_If_you_do_not_have_a_finacial_interest_in_seedsv.com_, and are posting
this sig. for the benifit of the NG, please accept my misunderstanding.
It just looks a little spammy to me.
Best,
Treeman

--