maxtor hard drive keep rebooting

July 27, 2005 11:37:13 AM

I guys, I just installed a new hard drive then I installed windows XP SP2
on the disk and the computer keeps rebooting and I'm getting a blue screen
c000221 unknown hard error. Then I re-install windows 2000 it works Ok.
Then I installed windows XP SP1 it work OK, then I installed the SP2 and the
computer started to reboot again. I used drive jujitsu and it was OK. So
what is the issue with SP2 and the Maxtor drive anyone knows or has seeing
this issue?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:25:37 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:37:13 -0700, Mario Savard wrote:

> I guys, I just installed a new hard drive then I installed windows XP SP2
> on the disk and the computer keeps rebooting and I'm getting a blue screen
> c000221 unknown hard error. Then I re-install windows 2000 it works Ok.
> Then I installed windows XP SP1 it work OK, then I installed the SP2 and the
> computer started to reboot again. I used drive jujitsu and it was OK. So
> what is the issue with SP2 and the Maxtor drive anyone knows or has seeing
> this issue?

Maxtor has a knowledge base on their website:
http://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/maxtor.cfg/php/endus...
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I have not had any problems with Maxtor drives with SP2.

There may be a problem with your installation of SP2. Did you install
anti-virus and activate a firewall before connecting your PC to the
Internet? Any XP PC that is not protected connected onto the Internet will
be infested by spywares and viruses immediately! Make sure you have
anti-virus and a filewall installed before connecting to the Internet.
Also, you should download the complete network install version of SP2. You
can save this file for use anytime you want, without having to download it
each time.

"Mario Savard" <MarioSavard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I guys, I just installed a new hard drive then I installed windows XP SP2
> on the disk and the computer keeps rebooting and I'm getting a blue screen
> c000221 unknown hard error. Then I re-install windows 2000 it works Ok.
> Then I installed windows XP SP1 it work OK, then I installed the SP2 and
> the
> computer started to reboot again. I used drive jujitsu and it was OK. So
> what is the issue with SP2 and the Maxtor drive anyone knows or has seeing
> this issue?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:09:02 PM

Before you install SP2 with SP1 updated,go to my computer,R.click on C:
drive,properties,tools,select:"Fix file system errors" press ok,a restart is
prompted to run it,do the restart after SP2 is installed.

!