Defaults Athlon 1Ghz

my OC'd 1 Ghz wont boot up. I would like to know the default settings for
Award Medallion Bios V6:

A7A266 Bios V 1004
AMD Athlon 1300 Mhz

Setup Utility:

CPU Speed manual
CPU Freq Multi 12.5X
CPU/PCI Freq 100/133
CPU/ freq auto
Vcore setting auto
Vcore 17.50V

"Nathan Staples" <nate_staples@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Vcore 17.50V

I think this might be an issue!! ;o)

Not sure what the old 1GHz processors should have had as Vcore, but it
certainly wasn't that!!

JW

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:52:43 +0000, Nathan Staples wrote:

> my OC'd 1 Ghz wont boot up. I would like to know the default settings for
> Award Medallion Bios V6:
>
> A7A266 Bios V 1004
> AMD Athlon 1300 Mhz
>
> Setup Utility:
>
> CPU Speed manual

If you want defualt, set this to auto or 1000, whichever your bios
supports.

> CPU Freq Multi 12.5X

The default is 10.

> CPU/PCI Freq 100/133

This should be 100/33. (10x100=1Ghz)

> CPU/ freq auto
> Vcore setting auto
> Vcore 17.50V

1.75v

Or you trying to overclock this cpu? DId you unlock the multiplier?

The fastest way to overclock the tbird B 1000 would be to just change the
FSB to 133 instead of 100 as long as you keep within ram speeds. Also
probably need to raise vcore a little. That'll get you 1333Mhz and you
don't have to mess with unlocking it.