Need some links about unlocking Xp 2400 266mhz Througbred ..

Just would like to try my luck, ive got it now stable at 2183 :), well
stable enough to play games without it locking up.

If its 15 X 145 i think PCI bus is like 46mhz any more and my system
just wont boot i think thats the reason but the ram is only PC2100 as
well so i think 145 is pushing it, though ithink its thepci bus :0

When i unlock the cpu will it give me higher and lower multipliers as
well ?, as i want to try for 2300mhz if i can 2.2 would be fine as
well.

Would like to try 16 X 143 2288 and 16 X 144=2304 :)

I don't realy know alot obout overclocking, so ill ask some stupid
questions, using the multipler does no change the PCI-AGP bus speeds
right ? thats the reason they are locked as AMD want you to upgrade
rather than use the cpu longer :)

If you have anything to add please do want to do this unlock as soon
as possible.

Thanks.

/ps i have googled but would like some extra help from the other stuff
i have found.

Bye.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:55:38 +1000, Paul Mathews wrote:

> Just would like to try my luck, ive got it now stable at 2183 :), well
> stable enough to play games without it locking up.
>
> If its 15 X 145 i think PCI bus is like 46mhz any more and my system
> just wont boot i think thats the reason but the ram is only PC2100 as
> well so i think 145 is pushing it, though ithink its thepci bus :0

At 145, your pci bus is 36.25, and AGP is 72.5 unless you have a chipset
that locks the bus (NF2). Why it won't boot above 145 could be ram, PCI or
even agp.

> When i unlock the cpu will it give me higher and lower multipliers as
> well ?, as i want to try for 2300mhz if i can 2.2 would be fine as well.

All Tbred B cpu's are either already unlocked, or they are internally
locked and can't be unlocked normally.

> Would like to try 16 X 143 2288 and 16 X 144=2304 :)
>
> I don't realy know alot obout overclocking, so ill ask some stupid
> questions, using the multipler does no change the PCI-AGP bus speeds
> right ? thats the reason they are locked as AMD want you to upgrade
> rather than use the cpu longer :)

Correct, changing multiplier just increases cpu speed.

> If you have anything to add please do want to do this unlock as soon as
> possible.

If you have an earlier unlocked cpu, then changing the multiplier is
pretty simple. If you have a newer model that's locked, forget it. Not
knowing which MB/chipset you have makes it hard to advise. Might read
through link below for more info.

Just read that i can just connect the pins with some wire and that
will unlock it ? that sounds better as its easily changed ?

Does this method work better than the conductive paint on the top or
the other emthods of unlocking it ?

Thanks.

No my board does not allow locking of the PCI or AGP :(

And my CPu is locked tried changeing it lower and higer no luck :(

Iam stuck at 145 fsb which gives me 2170 somthing which is ok i
suppose no 500mhz but gives me that little bit more speed and its
stable did a memtest no errors :)

Thanks.

My Board is an ASUS a7v266-e and Corsair Pc 2100 Value ram two 512k
sticks.

My board can do all it can.