audio sound card/drivers is not responding

wendy

Hello and thank you in advance..I have wmp9 and wxp home edition sp2

tonite an error shows up that* no audio hardware is available or the
hardware is not responding*

My CD-ROM drive is LG CD-RW CED-8120B, I have a standard game port and
underneath that is VIA AC'97Audio Controller (WDM)

Where would i start to look to update them so hopefully my wmp will work.

wendy

wendy wrote:
> Hello and thank you in advance..I have wmp9 and wxp home edition sp2
>
> tonite an error shows up that* no audio hardware is available or the
> hardware is not responding*
>
> My CD-ROM drive is LG CD-RW CED-8120B, I have a standard game port and
> underneath that is VIA AC'97Audio Controller (WDM)
>
> Where would i start to look to update them so hopefully my wmp will work.
>
> wendy

Have you done any Windows updates recently? On a couple of machines
here the Widows update misidentified the sound card, rolloing the
driver back to an earlier version reactivated the sound card. (Device
Manager, right click on the sound card entry, select properties, then
Driver, then roll back driver)

You could also try to uninstall the sound card and let Windows refind
it or reinstall the drivers, they are probably on the CD that came with
the motherboard.

wendy

Yes I just finished the update and everything is working wonderfully.
thank you
wendy