Do 76 games have missing ROMS in .95

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 28, 2005 1:11:23 PM

I've been away from MAME since version .85 which was quite some time
ago. I just got caught up and find 76 games that I have ROMs for that
appear to not be correct in .95.

These are games like CarnEvil, Area51 and NFL Blitz. I have what
appear to be the latest ROMs and yet MAME32's audit fails for each of
these. Is that the way it is today? Just want to be sure and know that
it's time to stop looking. It took a while to go from the 5GB of ROM's
I had for a complete .85 set to the 11+GB's I have now. Wow. Amazing
how much this has grown.

More about : games missing roms

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 29, 2005 2:16:21 AM

"Rich Heimlich" <agrajag@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I had for a complete .85 set to the 11+GB's I have now. Wow. Amazing
> how much this has grown.

11?? My complete 0.95u3 set is 18. :-)

Sounds like you're missing the CHD files for the games you mentioned, as
there are exactly 76 of those. But a few are clones so really there's 63
"unique ones". A complete set of those is another 30gb's. :-)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 30, 2005 2:52:18 AM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:16:21 GMT, "The Captain"
<thecaptain@captain.com> wrote:

>11?? My complete 0.95u3 set is 18. :-)

Hmm, well everything but the 76 are passing audits and it comes in at
11.7GB

>Sounds like you're missing the CHD files for the games you mentioned, as
>there are exactly 76 of those. But a few are clones so really there's 63
>"unique ones". A complete set of those is another 30gb's. :-)

30 more GB is something I don't need for now. Thanks for filling me
in. Much appreciated.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 1, 2005 6:06:33 AM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:52:18 -0400, Rich Heimlich
<agrajag@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:16:21 GMT, "The Captain"
><thecaptain@captain.com> wrote:
>
>>11?? My complete 0.95u3 set is 18. :-)
>
>Hmm, well everything but the 76 are passing audits and it comes in at
>11.7GB

could make an impact on that depending on how you store your roms
(split/merged), and how much they are compressed.
yes it can make a difference of about 6 gigs...suprisingly.

>>Sounds like you're missing the CHD files for the games you mentioned, as
>>there are exactly 76 of those. But a few are clones so really there's 63
>>"unique ones". A complete set of those is another 30gb's. :-)
>
>30 more GB is something I don't need for now. Thanks for filling me
>in. Much appreciated.

i think 30 more GB is something most people don't need. :-P
!