WPA2 - are new card drivers needed or just a client?

I have a wireless router that, following a firmware upgrade, can be set to
WPA2. I also have client software (Funk Odyssey) that can be set to WPA2. Do
I also need new cards or updated drivers for my existing cards to get this
to work (all are D-Link)?

Mike Bernstein

Yes , you have to download driver because Func will use WPA2 OIDs of MSFT
for communication with driver
Arkady

"Mike Bernstein" <mike.bernstein@REMOVECAPSchemlaw.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a wireless router that, following a firmware upgrade, can be set to
>WPA2. I also have client software (Funk Odyssey) that can be set to WPA2.
>Do I also need new cards or updated drivers for my existing cards to get
>this to work (all are D-Link)?
>
> Mike Bernstein

Actually, you'll most likely need new wireless NICs since WPA2 involves some
hardware changes to the wireless radio. For most users, their older wireless
NICS will not support WPA2 directly. Unlike WPA, WPA2 is not just a firmware
update to enable this technology.

--
Oliver
This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights