Computer Locks

If this is not the correct group to post this to, please let me know what
group I should post this to.

I have a laptop with a docking station. It does not matter if I click on
start à undock computer or not. Whenever I take it out of the docking
station it locks up and all I can do it power it off.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer locks

    "Jeff" wrote:
    > If this is not the correct group to post this to, please let me know what
    > group I should post this to.
    >
    > I have a laptop with a docking station. It does not matter if I click on
    > start à undock computer or not. Whenever I take it out of the docking
    > station it locks up and all I can do it power it off.

    You can try to debug this if you feel like so.

    a. Setup a two-machine kernel debugger.
    Watch what happens when you undock - any unusual messages, errors etc.
    Break into it with the debugger and see where it spins.

    b. Setup your machine as described here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244139

    When it locks, try to crash it and analyze the crash dump.

    Regards,
    --PA

Computers Windows XP