Computer Locks

July 28, 2005 3:00:18 PM

If this is not the correct group to post this to, please let me know what
group I should post this to.

I have a laptop with a docking station. It does not matter if I click on
start à undock computer or not. Whenever I take it out of the docking
station it locks up and all I can do it power it off.

More about : computer locks

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:00:19 PM

"Jeff" wrote:
> If this is not the correct group to post this to, please let me know what
> group I should post this to.
>
> I have a laptop with a docking station. It does not matter if I click on
> start à undock computer or not. Whenever I take it out of the docking
> station it locks up and all I can do it power it off.

You can try to debug this if you feel like so.

a. Setup a two-machine kernel debugger.
Watch what happens when you undock - any unusual messages, errors etc.
Break into it with the debugger and see where it spins.

b. Setup your machine as described here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244139

When it locks, try to crash it and analyze the crash dump.

Regards,
--PA
!