Sandisk Cruzer not recognized - SOLUTION

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that) with a
solution - at least for me.

Here is the registry edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101 and/or
VID_0000

Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.

Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the keys
(just in case).

Hope this helps!!
7 answers Last reply
More about sandisk cruzer recognized solution
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    JustUs wrote:
    > *I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that)
    > with a
    > solution - at least for me.
    >
    > Here is the registry edit:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101
    > and/or
    > VID_0000
    >
    > Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.
    >
    > Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the
    > keys
    > (just in case).
    >
    > Hope this helps!! *

    Thanks. Your answer is the closest I've found for my problems so far.

    Just an elemetary question: what do i do with the regedit after i got
    in (delete the line, modify the line...?)

    thanks.


    --
    tranomaha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1759507.html
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    FIRST - Backup your registry with Restore or other third party software.
    Delete these identified keys. Restart, and reinsert your device and hope it
    has worked for you. If not, there is a program on Microsoft that is great.
    Even though my problem was corrected, I kind of like this program. USB Flash
    Drive Manager ---
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94991901-bfc4-485e-bcae-c9df0accdaae&displaylang=en

    Hope this helps!

    "tranomaha" wrote:

    >
    > JustUs wrote:
    > > *I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that)
    > > with a
    > > solution - at least for me.
    > >
    > > Here is the registry edit:
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101
    > > and/or
    > > VID_0000
    > >
    > > Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.
    > >
    > > Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the
    > > keys
    > > (just in case).
    > >
    > > Hope this helps!! *
    >
    > Thanks. Your answer is the closest I've found for my problems so far.
    >
    > Just an elemetary question: what do i do with the regedit after i got
    > in (delete the line, modify the line...?)
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > tranomaha
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1759507.html
    >
    >
  3. Posted to SanDisk also

    Device: SanDisk 4GB Cruzer Micro2 w/ Ready Boost
    Software: U3

    My device was working flawlessly for a month plus, then stopped being recognized by WinXP SP2.

    I am extremely disappointed in the first & second line support. The resolutions offered were, that it was a Microsoft driver issue or the computer could not supply enough power to the USB port. I have concluded that the issue was caused by the uninstallation the Blackberry 4.03 software and/or the addition of two Microsoft patches that were released 1/16/08.

    I solved the problem by removing three registry keys and rebooting. The following registry keys were removed:

    [HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\DeviceClasses\{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}\<continued>
    ##?#USBSTOR#CdRom&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_U3_Cruzer_Micro&Rev_4.04#00001675C6759509&1#{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}]

    < Change the permissions on the following two to allow deletion >
    [HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\Vid_0781&Pid_5406]
    [HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USBSTOR\CdRom&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_U3_Cruzer_Micro&Rev_4.04]

    After rebooting my computer, I reconnected the Cruzer. It was recognized and available for use immediately. Wish SanDisk could offer better support at the front lines.

    Ken
  4. Well 17 days later the Cruzer is not recognized again. This time there were no HW changed and no SW changes. It worked on Friday, came in on Monday and it did not work.

    I removed the registry keys that I mentioned above. No resolution. Will contact SanDisk again. Lots of love that will get me!!

    Ken
  5. Your thumbdrive is infected with a virus called "cruzer" and manifests itself as the U3 program set.
  6. My 16GB Cruzer Edge USB Flash drive could not be detected with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

    I does, however, detected without hassle in a Virtual Machine, in the same Win7 64bit.
  7. Quote:
    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that) with a
    solution - at least for me.

    Here is the registry edit:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101 and/or
    VID_0000

    Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.

    Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the keys
    (just in case).

    Hope this helps!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Sandisk Windows XP