Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :)

Message originaly ment for the masses, nothing personal, just not
amended :)

Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :)

I want to buy a new board and i want to try a 8RDA3+ and i just want
to know a few things before hand.
1/ What is the current latest revision, ive seen 3.1 and 3.2 and 3.3 ?

2/ I want to overclock do you recommend some Corsair 3700 ram or
other.

3/ I want to put a Mobile Barton 2500 and overclock to atleast 2500
possible ?

4/ Are the Mulipliers locked to 12.5 with the mobile cpus getting
mixed messages some say no some yes ? on the latest Revision iam
talking about !!

5/ A BIG QUESTION, i heard LOTS of probs with bad capacitors,
Checksum, errors bad bios chips ??? no idea what revisions the people
who posted these things about becuase they never say :), all i want to
know with the latest revisions is everything irioned out ?

6/ They stoped puting the bad caps in the boards right ?, i heard this
story this comapy stole the recipe for caps but did not get all the
ingredients and mobo companys bought them and that was BAD :( this
could be untrue i did read it on the net.

7/ From all the stuff i read my instint is to RUN LIKE HELL away from
Epox but for some reason i want one :(, its only 150 bucks and the
place i want to buy from have a 2 year warranty so iam ok, just don't
want to open my case in the future to see caps buldgeing and leaking
all over the place, YOU HEAR THAT EPOX, grrrrrrrrrrr, Meooooooooow :)

If you can help with this thanks.

8/ why no offical formus anymore from what ive been told you had them
?

9/ I live in Australia and GOD knows how long it would take to RMA a
board to you and then get it back, Vantec you might know the compay
did a very nice thing for me and did not require me to send thema
fauly fan controler to them, just proof of purchase :) took a week to
get to me from the US do you ever do that ?, would be nice for atleast
for the first falty Mobo, the third,forth,fith no, :) though after the
first fault i would not bother and buy another mobo :(

Thanks.

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

"Scott Backular" <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Message originaly ment for the masses, nothing personal, just not
> amended :)
>

> Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :)
>
> I want to buy a new board and i want to try a 8RDA3+ and i just want
> to know a few things before hand.
> 1/ What is the current latest revision, ive seen 3.1 and 3.2 and 3.3 ?
>
> 2/ I want to overclock do you recommend some Corsair 3700 ram or
> other.
>
> 3/ I want to put a Mobile Barton 2500 and overclock to atleast 2500
> possible ?
>
> 4/ Are the Mulipliers locked to 12.5 with the mobile cpus getting
> mixed messages some say no some yes ? on the latest Revision iam
> talking about !!
>
> 5/ A BIG QUESTION, i heard LOTS of probs with bad capacitors,
> Checksum, errors bad bios chips ??? no idea what revisions the people
> who posted these things about becuase they never say :), all i want to
> know with the latest revisions is everything irioned out ?
>
> 6/ They stoped puting the bad caps in the boards right ?, i heard this
> story this comapy stole the recipe for caps but did not get all the
> ingredients and mobo companys bought them and that was BAD :( this
> could be untrue i did read it on the net.
>
> 7/ From all the stuff i read my instint is to RUN LIKE HELL away from
> Epox but for some reason i want one :(, its only 150 bucks and the
> place i want to buy from have a 2 year warranty so iam ok, just don't
> want to open my case in the future to see caps buldgeing and leaking
> all over the place, YOU HEAR THAT EPOX, grrrrrrrrrrr, Meooooooooow :)
>

> If you can help with this thanks.
>

> 8/ why no offical formus anymore from what ive been told you had them
> ?
>

> 9/ I live in Australia and GOD knows how long it would take to RMA a
> board to you and then get it back, Vantec you might know the compay
> did a very nice thing for me and did not require me to send thema
> fauly fan controler to them, just proof of purchase :) took a week to
> get to me from the US do you ever do that ?, would be nice for atleast
> for the first falty Mobo, the third,forth,fith no, :) though after the
> first fault i would not bother and buy another mobo :(
>

> Thanks.

Simple solution to this all
Get a Abit NF7 or NF7-S with sata
Great boards...good prices.
Personally I use a Asus A7N8X with a Mobile 2500+ @ 2400Mhz
The Mobile IS NOT MULTIPLIER LOCKED.
should be able to do at LEAST 11x200 or higher multiplier with 200Mhz FSB.
Just watch temps and adjust voltages as need for stability.

Reason for Abit Suggestion is Price and overclockabilty.
OZoNE

Yeah Epox @&@&@& hell what was i thinking :(

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:24:13 -0400, "OZoNE" <ozonerr@zoominternet.net>
wrote:

>"Scott Backular" <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>

>> Message originaly ment for the masses, nothing personal, just not
>> amended :)
>>

>> Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :)
>>
>> I want to buy a new board and i want to try a 8RDA3+ and i just want
>> to know a few things before hand.
>> 1/ What is the current latest revision, ive seen 3.1 and 3.2 and 3.3 ?
>>
>> 2/ I want to overclock do you recommend some Corsair 3700 ram or
>> other.
>>
>> 3/ I want to put a Mobile Barton 2500 and overclock to atleast 2500
>> possible ?
>>
>> 4/ Are the Mulipliers locked to 12.5 with the mobile cpus getting
>> mixed messages some say no some yes ? on the latest Revision iam
>> talking about !!
>>
>> 5/ A BIG QUESTION, i heard LOTS of probs with bad capacitors,
>> Checksum, errors bad bios chips ??? no idea what revisions the people
>> who posted these things about becuase they never say :), all i want to
>> know with the latest revisions is everything irioned out ?
>>
>> 6/ They stoped puting the bad caps in the boards right ?, i heard this
>> story this comapy stole the recipe for caps but did not get all the
>> ingredients and mobo companys bought them and that was BAD :( this
>> could be untrue i did read it on the net.
>>
>> 7/ From all the stuff i read my instint is to RUN LIKE HELL away from
>> Epox but for some reason i want one :(, its only 150 bucks and the
>> place i want to buy from have a 2 year warranty so iam ok, just don't
>> want to open my case in the future to see caps buldgeing and leaking
>> all over the place, YOU HEAR THAT EPOX, grrrrrrrrrrr, Meooooooooow :)
>>

>> If you can help with this thanks.
>>

>> 8/ why no offical formus anymore from what ive been told you had them
>> ?
>>

>> 9/ I live in Australia and GOD knows how long it would take to RMA a
>> board to you and then get it back, Vantec you might know the compay
>> did a very nice thing for me and did not require me to send thema
>> fauly fan controler to them, just proof of purchase :) took a week to
>> get to me from the US do you ever do that ?, would be nice for atleast
>> for the first falty Mobo, the third,forth,fith no, :) though after the
>> first fault i would not bother and buy another mobo :(
>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>Simple solution to this all
>Get a Abit NF7 or NF7-S with sata
>Great boards...good prices.
>Personally I use a Asus A7N8X with a Mobile 2500+ @ 2400Mhz
>The Mobile IS NOT MULTIPLIER LOCKED.
>should be able to do at LEAST 11x200 or higher multiplier with 200Mhz FSB.
>Just watch temps and adjust voltages as need for stability.
>
>Reason for Abit Suggestion is Price and overclockabilty.
>OZoNE

>-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

<Snip>
Thanks.