What is the advantage of Pentium M Processor ?

peter

I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that they
make use of Pentium M Processor 750.

I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is only
(1.8GHz), is it too slow ?

Thanks

Go to the source:

http://www.intel.com/products/notebook/index.htm?iid=HPAGE+low_prod_notebook

steve

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that
>they make use of Pentium M Processor 750.
>
> I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
> with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is
> only (1.8GHz), is it too slow ?
>
> Thanks

Peter

You get what you pay for in this life.. if you want a faster laptop, pay
more money..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that
>they make use of Pentium M Processor 750.
>
> I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
> with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is
> only (1.8GHz), is it too slow ?
>
> Thanks

peter

Thank you for your advice.

From Intel web site, I find that the maximum speed of Pentium Processor is
3.8GHz while the maximum speed of Pentium M is 2.26 GHz. Does a Pentium IV
processor desktop at 2.26GHz runs faster than a Pentium M Processor at
2.26GHz (provided the other devices like RAM and HD are the same).

Thanks

"Og" <Og@msn.com> wrote in message
> Go to the source:
>
> http://www.intel.com/products/notebook/index.htm?iid=HPAGE+low_prod_notebook
>
> steve
>

> "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that
>>they make use of Pentium M Processor 750.
>>
>> I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
>> with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is
>> only (1.8GHz), is it too slow ?
>>
>> Thanks

peter

hank you for your advice.

From Intel web site, I find that the maximum speed of Pentium Processor is
3.8GHz while the maximum speed of Pentium M is 2.26 GHz. Does a Pentium IV
processor desktop at 2.26GHz runs faster than a Pentium M Processor at
2.26GHz (provided the other devices like RAM and HD are the same).

Thanks

"Og" <Og@msn.com> wrote in message
> Go to the source:
>
> http://www.intel.com/products/notebook/index.htm?iid=HPAGE+low_prod_notebook
>
> steve
>

> "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that
>>they make use of Pentium M Processor 750.
>>
>> I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
>> with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is
>> only (1.8GHz), is it too slow ?
>>
>> Thanks

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Go for the Pentium 4 if you want the added speed but with a cost on battery.
If you want a balance of speed and power go for the Pentium-M.
Damo

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that
>they make use of Pentium M Processor 750.
>
> I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
> with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is
> only (1.8GHz), is it too slow ?
>
> Thanks

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I consider buying a notebook. From the specification, it mentions that
>they make use of Pentium M Processor 750.
>
> I would like to know what is the difference between the Pentium Processor
> with the Pentium IV Processor ? Besides, it mentions that the speed is
> only (1.8GHz), is it too slow ?
>
> Thanks

Don't waste your money on old architecture.

Buy an AMD Turion64 and you'll have a much better, faster processor.

Bobby

peter

Dear Damo,

In other words, not only Pentium M processors are used in notebook, Pentium
IV processors are used as well ?

Thanks

In article <#8SjdoOlFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Dear Damo,
>
> In other words, not only Pentium M processors are used in notebook, Pentium
> IV processors are used as well ?

My Toshiba 17" LCD laptop has a 3.2ghz P4 that's HyperThreaded, 80GB
Drive, DVD+/-RW, 1.5GB RAM and all sorts of power to run MS SQL server
and Windows 2003 server on it. It was under $1700 with XP Home when I
bought it early this year. Oh, it plays FarCry and CounterStrike well
enough for me.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me