XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal.

July 30, 2005 1:38:10 AM

XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works perfect.

Any ideas?

-Pete
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 2:11:15 AM

Do you unmount the drive before you remove it, or do you yank it out while
the Operating System is still accessing it?

steve

<Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
> XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works perfect.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Pete

July 30, 2005 4:54:09 PM

Download new drivers? Assuming this is a hard disk not a flash disk
Damo

<Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
> XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works perfect.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Pete

Related resources
July 31, 2005 8:52:55 PM

no. I follow procedure but it still restarts the machine.

"Og" <Og@msn.com> wrote in message
> Do you unmount the drive before you remove it, or do you yank it out while
> the Operating System is still accessing it?
>
> steve
>

> <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works
perfect.

> > Any ideas?
> >
> > -Pete

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 7:44:06 PM

Do you click on "Safe to Remove Hardware..." icon and tell it to close you
flash drive???

OR

Do you just pull it out for the USB port?

!