XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal.

XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works perfect.

Any ideas?

-Pete
4 answers Last reply
More about crashes seconds thumb drive removal

    Do you unmount the drive before you remove it, or do you yank it out while
    the Operating System is still accessing it?

    steve

    <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works perfect.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > -Pete

    Download new drivers? Assuming this is a hard disk not a flash disk
    Damo

    <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works perfect.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > -Pete

    no. I follow procedure but it still restarts the machine.

    "Og" <Og@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Do you unmount the drive before you remove it, or do you yank it out while
    > the Operating System is still accessing it?
    >
    > steve
    >

    > <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works
    perfect.

    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > -Pete

    Do you click on "Safe to Remove Hardware..." icon and tell it to close you
    flash drive???

    OR

    Do you just pull it out for the USB port?

    > no. I follow procedure but it still restarts the machine.
    >
    > "Og" <Og@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Do you unmount the drive before you remove it, or do you yank it out
    >> while
    >> the Operating System is still accessing it?
    >>
    >> steve
    >>

    >> <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> > XP crashes 5 seconds after thumb drive removal. Otherwise, works
    > perfect.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> >
    >> > -Pete

Hardware Windows XP Microsoft USB Drive