ADSL Modem problem

Ive got a broadband modem (speedtouch 330). Ive installed all the ISP
companies software. When I try and connect I get an error 680 - cant find a
ring tone!! Then I picked up my phone to check i did have a tone and by
chance the modem connected. Tried it 10 times and the same everytime. Whats
happening guys?? Appreciate any ideas, its driving me mad!! Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about adsl modem problem

    Error 680 and both modem lights are solid green and the modem
    installation seemed successful but are still receiving the error
    message- 680: No dial tone:

    If you have an internal 56k modem disable the modem, after you have
    completed this, close down the Device Manager and then restart your
    computer and try to reconnect to the Broadband connection.

    --
    ILDuckhunter

    "Carl Sheldon" <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Ive got a broadband modem (speedtouch 330). Ive installed all the ISP
    > companies software. When I try and connect I get an error 680 - cant find
    > a ring tone!! Then I picked up my phone to check i did have a tone and by
    > chance the modem connected. Tried it 10 times and the same everytime.
    > Whats happening guys?? Appreciate any ideas, its driving me mad!! Thanks
    When you go to IE, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, what shows up in
    the Dial-up VPN window settings?

    Ask the ISP company, it's their problem.
    Damo

    "" wrote:
    > Error 680 and both modem lights are solid green and the modem
    > installation seemed successful but are still receiving the
    > error
    > message- 680: No dial tone:
    >
    > If you have an internal 56k modem disable the modem, after you
    > have
    > completed this, close down the Device Manager and then restart
    > your
    > computer and try to reconnect to the Broadband connection.
    >

    > Carl Sheldon Wrote:
    > > Ive got a broadband modem (speedtouch 330). Ive installed
    > all the ISP
    > > companies software. When I try and connect I get an error
    > 680 - cant
    > > find a
    > > ring tone!! Then I picked up my phone to check i did have a
    > tone and
    > > by
    > > chance the modem connected. Tried it 10 times and the same
    > everytime.
    > > Whats
    > > happening guys?? Appreciate any ideas, its driving me mad!!
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > ILDuckhunter

    I think this is a problem wiht windows, you need to tell windows not
    to wait for a ring tone. Just to clarifie, there is no ring tone going
    to the "modem" (in theory) the microfilter stops it, so the fact that
    you can hear a dial tone is irlevant, unless of course you didnt use a
    microfilter, in which case this is the problem, most ADSL devices dont
    have built in microfilters, and as such when no microfilter is used
    your intenret connection will not work, as the ADSL device gets
    "confused".

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-ADSL-Modem-problem-ftopict402411.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1331932

    There is not supposed to be a ring-tone on DSL modems. You need to place
    the DSL filters on the phone jacks that you are/wll be usig for regular
    phones, fax machines and analog modem.

    "Carl Sheldon" <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Ive got a broadband modem (speedtouch 330). Ive installed all the ISP
    > companies software. When I try and connect I get an error 680 - cant find
    > a ring tone!! Then I picked up my phone to check i did have a tone and by
    > chance the modem connected. Tried it 10 times and the same everytime.
    > Whats happening guys?? Appreciate any ideas, its driving me mad!! Thanks

Internet Service Providers Modem Windows XP