My cd rewriter isnt working at all. It was working but no i cant get it to do
anything. When i go to Device Manager every thing is working correctly. I
dont know how to fix this problem or it could be that my rewriter went out.

map

dora wrote:
> My cd rewriter isnt working at all. It was working but no i cant get
> it to do anything. When i go to Device Manager every thing is working
> correctly. I dont know how to fix this problem or it could be that my
> rewriter went out.

First thing to try out is to uninstall it through device manager,reboot and
reinstall it.If XP does not detect new hardware at bootup you can install it
via "add new hardware" in control panel.

If that doesn't work let us know.

--
Mike Pawlak

dora wrote:
> My cd rewriter isnt working at all. It was working but no i cant get
> it to do anything. When i go to Device Manager every thing is working
> correctly. I dont know how to fix this problem or it could be that my
> rewriter went out.

Are you having a problem just with burning cd's? Or will the burner not even
read cd's?

The only thing i can get my cd rewriter to do is auto play for second or two
then nothing else. I go into my computer and it shows no disk in dc rewiter,

"Terra Prime" wrote:

> dora wrote:
> > My cd rewriter isnt working at all. It was working but no i cant get
> > it to do anything. When i go to Device Manager every thing is working
> > correctly. I dont know how to fix this problem or it could be that my
> > rewriter went out.
>
> Are you having a problem just with burning cd's? Or will the burner not even
> read cd's?

Try doing what MAP suggested first, if that doesn't work, try upgrading your
burner's firmware which can be obtained at the manufacturer's website.

dora wrote:
> The only thing i can get my cd rewriter to do is auto play for second
> or two then nothing else. I go into my computer and it shows no disk
> in dc rewiter,
>
> "Terra Prime" wrote:
>
>> dora wrote:
>>> My cd rewriter isnt working at all. It was working but no i cant get
>>> it to do anything. When i go to Device Manager every thing is
>>> working correctly. I dont know how to fix this problem or it could
>>> be that my rewriter went out.
>>
>> Are you having a problem just with burning cd's? Or will the burner
>> not even read cd's?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> My cd rewriter isnt working at all. It was working but no i
> cant get it to do
> anything. When i go to Device Manager every thing is working
> correctly. I
> dont know how to fix this problem or it could be that my
> rewriter went out.

When you say "i cant get it to do anything", do you litraly mean that,
if it was working fine and you carnt get it to do any thing, i would
suspect hardware failur (i say suspect), you should check in the BIOS
to see if it registars there, if it dose not, ope nthe compyuter and
ensure it’s pluged in correctly and all plugs are in tight, and
check the BIOS again. If it still dose not work, it almost certialy is
a hardware failur.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-CD-REWRITER-ftopict402496.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1331931