Hi,
I have just installed 2 more 1GB DIMMs (Kingston) into my system. Boot shows 4 GB, but
Cool Beans, Sandra Lite, & Belarc show only 3GB

Belarc report;
3072 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A2' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A3' has 1024 MB

Did I waste money on the extra 2 1GB DIMMS. Why does XP Pro only show 3GB?

Thanks;

You can start here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888855

--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"mogur2" <mogur2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:dcdme1hfrne8mnroeemn04n59rvs3l2cg1@4ax.com...
> Hi,
> I have just installed 2 more 1GB DIMMs (Kingston) into my system. Boot shows 4 GB, but
> Cool Beans, Sandra Lite, & Belarc show only 3GB
>
> Belarc report;
> 3072 Megabytes Installed Memory
>
> Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
> Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB
> Slot 'A2' has 1024 MB
> Slot 'A3' has 1024 MB
>
> Did I waste money on the extra 2 1GB DIMMS. Why does XP Pro only show 3GB?
>
> Thanks;

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

the question was answered for you in the asus news group.
please don't multi-post.