can the caps lock key be disabled

Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard. It's on a laptop
and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
Thanks a bunch.
Diana
3 answers Last reply
More about caps lock disabled

    "DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard. It's on a
    > laptop and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
    > New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
    > Thanks a bunch.
    > Diana

    I have the same problem. With cheap desktop and regular keyboards, I used to
    just pry the key off. With my laptop, I decided I wanted to treat it better,
    so I just enabled the feature that makes the system beep when you hit
    capslock. It's an annoying beep. It's pretty much taught me not to hit
    capslock, except when I'm too tired and not concentrating.

    And when I do need capslock, at least it's still usable.

    "" wrote:
    > Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard.
    > It's on a laptop
    > and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
    > New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
    > Thanks a bunch.
    > Diana

    Yep.

    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1017256194

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-caps-lock-key-disabled-ftopict402747.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1333392

    Thank you sooooo much. I suspected all along that it might be a keyboard
    mapping, but I didn't know how it was done. Thanks.
    Diana

    "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard.
    > > It's on a laptop
    > > and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
    > > New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
    > > Thanks a bunch.
    > > Diana
    >
    > Yep.
    >
    > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1017256194