  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
July 30, 2005 11:32:02 PM

Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard. It's on a laptop
and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
Thanks a bunch.
Diana

More about : caps lock key disabled

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2005 2:14:40 AM

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard. It's on a
> laptop and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
> New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
> Thanks a bunch.
> Diana

I have the same problem. With cheap desktop and regular keyboards, I used to
just pry the key off. With my laptop, I decided I wanted to treat it better,
so I just enabled the feature that makes the system beep when you hit
capslock. It's an annoying beep. It's pretty much taught me not to hit
capslock, except when I'm too tired and not concentrating.

And when I do need capslock, at least it's still usable.
August 5, 2005 4:35:42 AM

"" wrote:
> Is there a way to disable the caps lock key on a keyboard.
> It's on a laptop
> and is just too easy to hit. Perhaps it can be disabled.
> New Laptop belongs to friend. Windows XP (home).
> Thanks a bunch.
> Diana

Yep.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1017256194

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-caps-lock-key-dis...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1333392
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 6, 2005 5:54:25 AM

Thank you sooooo much. I suspected all along that it might be a keyboard
mapping, but I didn't know how it was done. Thanks.
Diana