USB Drivers missing

I am having problems with USB devices, after moving my pc to another room, I
re-connected everything. None of the USB devices were recognized (camera,
printer, card reader etc.)

The camera only uses the standard windows drivers, but when trying to
connect it says it can't find drivers. I have tried loading drivers from XP
cd, but this has not been successful.

I am running SP2 and the system is AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.00Ghz, with Nvidea
GeForce4 MX integrated GPU.

Any ideas?

Philo

cowleyn wrote:
> I am having problems with USB devices, after moving my pc to another room, I
> re-connected everything. None of the USB devices were recognized (camera,
> printer, card reader etc.)
>
> The camera only uses the standard windows drivers, but when trying to
> connect it says it can't find drivers. I have tried loading drivers from XP
> cd, but this has not been successful.
>
> I am running SP2 and the system is AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.00Ghz, with Nvidea
> GeForce4 MX integrated GPU.
>
> Any ideas?

plug the devices back into the *same* port they were originally on...
or else just reinstall the devices

philo wrote:

> plug the devices back into the *same* port they were originally on...
> or else just reinstall the devices

Sounds like reasonable advice to me. I would add that, although I
haven't actually confirmed this, I get the impression that even the
order in which things are plugged can determine
what-gets-assigned-to-what, and hence may determine whether or not an
existing installation is useable.