Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Whats the MOST effective cpu water cooler ?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 2, 2004 12:41:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

For an Amd chip ?, would like it to be quiet as well but you know you
can't have everything.

Just want one that will alow me to overclock my Mobile 2500 to
2.8,2.9,3.0 ghz, so it needs to be very effective :) 

Did a google but that was no help realy need some first and feedback
with people who have them installed and how well they work for them.

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 2, 2004 12:41:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

> For an Amd chip ?, would like it to be quiet as well but you know you
> can't have everything.
>
> Just want one that will alow me to overclock my Mobile 2500 to
> 2.8,2.9,3.0 ghz, so it needs to be very effective :) 
>
> Did a google but that was no help realy need some first and feedback
> with people who have them installed and how well they work for them.
>
> Thanks.

Not sure but those kind of clocks sound as though they need phase cooling
rather than good old h20.

But as far as I know the danger den RBX is the best, but for better
performance a peltier/waterblock combo sounds more adequate for your
purposes.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 2, 2004 1:33:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Iam fine ill be happy with a 2.6ghz :) , stock was 1.8ghz decent
overclock with normal coolinging anyway :) 


On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 00:11:14 +0100, "REMUS" <suk@itspambot.com> wrote:

>> For an Amd chip ?, would like it to be quiet as well but you know you
>> can't have everything.
>>
>> Just want one that will alow me to overclock my Mobile 2500 to
>> 2.8,2.9,3.0 ghz, so it needs to be very effective :) 
>>
>> Did a google but that was no help realy need some first and feedback
>> with people who have them installed and how well they work for them.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>Not sure but those kind of clocks sound as though they need phase cooling
>rather than good old h20.
>
>But as far as I know the danger den RBX is the best, but for better
>performance a peltier/waterblock combo sounds more adequate for your
>purposes.
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 2, 2004 2:26:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:2k49e0pagvterk53mdmt59tjgunutmdllr@4ax.com...
>
> For an Amd chip ?, would like it to be quiet as well but you know you
> can't have everything.
>
> Just want one that will alow me to overclock my Mobile 2500 to
> 2.8,2.9,3.0 ghz, so it needs to be very effective :) 
>
> Did a google but that was no help realy need some first and feedback
> with people who have them installed and how well they work for them.
>
> Thanks.
>

Why use water?
http://www.asetek.com/main/page.asp?sideid=385
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 2, 2004 2:51:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Thanks ill google some reviews and see if they are any good :) 

Uk Product ? never heard of them ?, prob wont be able toget in my
country anyway :) 

Thanks again.


On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 00:38:57 +0100, "Alex B"
<Freeflyer91@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote:

>Something the TDX should suit you ...
>
>http://www.coolercases.co.uk/water_cooling_kits.htm
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2004 1:59:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

> Why use water?

Maybe cos a top line kit costs less than half of one of those? Plus it's
quieter .... :-D
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2004 9:44:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

OCZ Guy wrote:
> For an Amd chip ?, would like it to be quiet as well but you know you
> can't have everything.
>
> Just want one that will alow me to overclock my Mobile 2500 to
> 2.8,2.9,3.0 ghz, so it needs to be very effective :) 
>
> Did a google but that was no help realy need some first and feedback
> with people who have them installed and how well they work for them.
>
> Thanks.
>

Try:

http://forums.procooling.com/

Good board about watercooling, smart people in there and a lot of info
you can pick up. You can also check out:

http://www.procooling.com/
http://www.overclockers.com/

They both have some very good reviews.

If you want to get a premade kit, try something from Swiftech, the new
6000 series stuff is nice, if you want to go with a mix and match, check
out stuff from:

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/
http://www.dangerden.com/


----------

To reply, replace 'deadfishies' with 'bigfoot.'

We live our life in our own way, never ever listen to what they say, the
kind of faith that never fades away, we are the True Believers!
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2004 10:14:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Iam not that extream yet, maybe when they release some dual core
mobile XP 64bit cpus, ill slap in two on a dual board and go crazy :) 

Ill stick to water for now.

Thanks.


On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:26:26 GMT, "rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net>
wrote:

>
>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>news:2k49e0pagvterk53mdmt59tjgunutmdllr@4ax.com...
>>
>> For an Amd chip ?, would like it to be quiet as well but you know you
>> can't have everything.
>>
>> Just want one that will alow me to overclock my Mobile 2500 to
>> 2.8,2.9,3.0 ghz, so it needs to be very effective :) 
>>
>> Did a google but that was no help realy need some first and feedback
>> with people who have them installed and how well they work for them.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>
>Why use water?
>http://www.asetek.com/main/page.asp?sideid=385
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2004 2:16:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

"Alex B" <Freeflyer91@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
news:cc4ubk$1st$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> 35 is waaaaay to noisy for me. Anything above about 22 annoys me. It'd
be
> nice to have a negative cpu temp though !!
>
>

3 22 fans in your system will probably come up to 30
add in the power supply and you'll probably be above 35..
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2004 5:54:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

I mean 22 total. My psu is inaudible at more than about 20 cm's away (unless
it's really hot).


"rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote in message
news:D HvFc.27$s21.7@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...
>
> "Alex B" <Freeflyer91@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> news:cc4ubk$1st$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> 35 is waaaaay to noisy for me. Anything above about 22 annoys me. It'd
> be
>> nice to have a negative cpu temp though !!
>>
>>
>
> 3 22 fans in your system will probably come up to 30
> add in the power supply and you'll probably be above 35..
>
>
!