bnc connector and fixed refresh rate

August 1, 2005 6:22:36 PM

Hello to all the microsoft ng,
I have a noisy issue with my windows xp sp2 computer and maybe someone could
help me. In particular my configuration is the following:
asus a7n8x deluxe
ati 9800xt agp 256mb
1gb 3200 ddr
2 maxtor 160gb
of course windows XP (pro with sp2)
....and something else that I don't think relevant. The problem is that my
monitor ,a philips 201P goes at the 60 Hz refresh rate (also if in windows
you can change the setting,goes always at 60 hz) when it's connected to my
ati vido-card with the vga 15 ping to bnc connectors...if I use the generic
vga 15 pin to 15 pin cable it works perfectly at 85 or more hz...I think
that the question is the DCC connection,that BNC cable doesn't support at
all...is there a way to override the DCC and force a refresh rate?Thank you
Andrea
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 6:22:37 PM

In Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor.

rivoluzione digitale wrote:

> Hello to all the microsoft ng,
> I have a noisy issue with my windows xp sp2 computer and maybe someone could
> help me. In particular my configuration is the following:
> asus a7n8x deluxe
> ati 9800xt agp 256mb
> 1gb 3200 ddr
> 2 maxtor 160gb
> of course windows XP (pro with sp2)
> ...and something else that I don't think relevant. The problem is that my
> monitor ,a philips 201P goes at the 60 Hz refresh rate (also if in windows
> you can change the setting,goes always at 60 hz) when it's connected to my
> ati vido-card with the vga 15 ping to bnc connectors...if I use the generic
> vga 15 pin to 15 pin cable it works perfectly at 85 or more hz...I think
> that the question is the DCC connection,that BNC cable doesn't support at
> all...is there a way to override the DCC and force a refresh rate?Thank you
> Andrea

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 7:55:34 PM

"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio .
> In Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor.
Sorry could you explain better what should I do?I tryied changin' my monitor
as "plug'n play" or "svga standard" or "philips 201p" but,always,I can
change the refresh theoretically but pratically is the same (i.e. I choose
85 hz and windows accepts this setting but monitor works at 60 hz). Any
suggestion?Thx,
Andrea
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 7:55:35 PM

In that case I think you might want to take it up with Phillips Tech
Support.
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpproduct_sel...

!