GodFather

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

After overclocking my AMD,it is a good idea to test PC with SETI@Home, to
see its stability?

No... SETI is not a good stability test.
Best use Prime95 to test the CPU and memory stability and maybe 3DMark (or
play some games) to make sure graphics based apps are ok.

"Godfather" <godfather@godfather.com> wrote in message
> After overclocking my AMD,it is a good idea to test PC with SETI@Home, to
> see its stability?

minotaur

BigBadger wrote:
> No... SETI is not a good stability test.
> Best use Prime95 to test the CPU and memory stability and maybe 3DMark (or
> play some games) to make sure graphics based apps are ok.

Definantly Prime95, 12hrs or more the better. Then you shall know your
SETI or Folding isn't producing errors and that your not just wasting
your time. *8)

geoff

Godfather wrote:
> After overclocking my AMD,it is a good idea to test PC with
> SETI@Home, to see its stability?

use prime95, torture test mode to make sure your cpu is stable
also run memtest86 too is always a good idea

My two cents.

I was amazed that Prime95 would crash within minutes even though my system
seemed stable - i.e., hardly/never crashed. However, there were 1-2
problems I would have with specific applications. After tweaking to get
Prime95 to run overnight, problems in the apps went away.
"Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Godfather wrote:
>> After overclocking my AMD,it is a good idea to test PC with
>> SETI@Home, to see its stability?
>
> use prime95, torture test mode to make sure your cpu is stable
> also run memtest86 too is always a good idea

Godfather<godfather@godfather.com> oskarzony (a) napisa³(a) na dan± grupe
o porade
> After overclocking my AMD,it is a good idea to test PC with SETI@Home,
> see its stability?