How to eject/dismount an external USB drive from command l..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Ok, I could dismount an external USB harddisc by left-clicking on the USB-Icon in the Systray
and choose the appropriate drive to dismount it.
But I want to do this from command line.

How do I do this? I have heard from a devcon.exe HardwareDevice Manager tool.
Does that run under WIn2000 too?

How do I code a disconnect of drive T: with devcon ?

Thomas

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Thomas Stein" <tstein@email.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I could dismount an external USB harddisc by left-clicking on the
USB-Icon in the Systray
> and choose the appropriate drive to dismount it.
> But I want to do this from command line.
>
> How do I do this? I have heard from a devcon.exe HardwareDevice Manager
tool.
> Does that run under WIn2000 too?
>
> How do I code a disconnect of drive T: with devcon ?

deveject -EjectDrive:T:

--
-GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
-Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)